CR 331: Blue Is The New Red¶
- Air Date: 2018-10-30
- Duration: 47 mins 41 secs
About this episode¶
We react to the news that IBM is buying Red Hat, cover some feedback that sets us straight, and are pleasantly surprised by Qt Design Studio.
- Qt Design Studio 1.0 Released — Qt Photoshop Bridge – import your graphics design from Photosho
- New LSP language service supporting Swift and C-family languages for any editor and platform — I'm excited to announce that we are going to start a new open-source project for a Swift and C-family language service based on the Language Server Protocol 1.6k. We've chosen to adopt LSP so we can benefit from its active community and wide adoption across other editors and platforms. This means that Visual Studio Code, Atom, Sublime Text, or whatever your favorite editor happens to be, can use the same service as Xcode, and any improvements we make to the service will benefit them all.
- IBM to Acquire Red Hat — IBM will acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Red Hat for $190.00 per share in cash, representing a total enterprise value of approximately $34 billion.
- Forget Watson, the Red Hat acquisition may be the thing that saves IBM — Watson, the business division focused on artificial intelligence whose public claims were always more marketing than actually market-driven, has not performed as well as IBM had hoped and investors were losing their patience.
- GitHub is now officially a part of Microsoft — With government approvals received, the acquisition announced in June is complete.
- Remote Workers Are Outperforming Office Workers — Plenty of studies and surveys show the power of remote work when it comes to productivity.
.net core, coder radio, development podcast, github, ibm, microsoft, qml, qt, qt design studio, red hat, remote workers, swif lsp, wpf