LUP 514: Connection Established¶
- Air Date: 2023-06-11
- Duration: 70 mins 8 secs
About this episode¶
We get the inside scoop on SouthEast LinuxFest, and share a few stories from the early days of the Linux community.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- DebianBookworm — Bookworm is the development codename for Debian 12, released on 2023-06-10.
- Debian 12 “Bookworm” Officially Released, Here’s What’s New
- For the LAS Time | Linux Action Show 468 - YouTube
- Ask Noah
- JMP: Your phone number on every device
- SouthEast LinuxFest — For the regulars and newbies, please review our schedule to get a feel for what’s happening at this year’s events. For the newbies, be sure to read our About Us page to understand a bit more about the event in general.
- SELF 2023 Schedule
- southeastlinuxfest - YouTube
- Argon ONE V2 Case for Raspberry Pi 4 — The Argon ONE Case is now better than ever as it has many new features
- comma — Comma runs software without installing it.
- Taking org-roam everywhere with logseq
- Nix from First Principles: Flake Edition — This guide is a beginner's guide to Nix and related tooling, focusing on the newer nix command, and flake.nix compared to older tools like nix-env and default.nix. It does not require any prior Nix knowledge
- SUSE Partners with Collabora to Deliver Commercial LibreOffice Support
- Send a Boot from web with Alby — Top off Alby, then head over to the Podcastindex.org
- LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org — You can Boost right from the web at the Podcast Index with Alby.
- Fractal — Fractal is a Matrix messaging app for GNOME written in Rust. Its interface is optimized for collaboration in large groups, such as free software projects.
- fractal on GitLab
- FluffyChat — FluffyChat is an open-source, nonprofit and cute matrix messenger app. The app is easy to use but secure and decentralized.
- NixOS for the Impatient — This post is about how I set up NixOS.
altispeed, ans, apfs, ask noah, ask noah show, bookworm, charlotte, comma, debian 12, debian bookworm, element, flatpak, fluffychat, fountain, fractal, gnome 43, ham radio, jmp, jupiter broadcasting, kde plasma 5.27, kinoite, ktailctl, lfnw, libreoffice, linux 6.1 lts kernel, linux podcast, linux unplugged, matrix, mesh vpn, nix, nix-index, nix-shell, nixos, noah chelliah, podcasting 2.0, raspberry pi, red hat, self, southeast linuxfest, suse, synapse, thinlinx, virtual lug, wireguard, xfce 4.18