CR 355: F# Shill¶
- Air Date: 2019-05-02
- Duration: 60 mins 45 secs
About this episode¶
Mike and Wes dive into Bosque, Microsoft’s new research language, and debate if it represents the future of programming languages, or if we should all just be using F#.
- Feedback: ChromeOS vs Windows
- Feedback: Hardware Coverage
- Complying with the Requirements of the GPL/LGPL v3 License — With the discontinuation of our continued support for Qt 5.6 also ends our support for the last Qt version licensed under LGPL v2.1. Moving forward, versions 5.7 and beyond will be subject to LGPL v3. This webinar is a great opportunity to gain a better understanding of the differences in rights and obligations between the two licensing versions.
- Rust Pinning — The Rust team is happy to announce a new version of Rust, 1.33.0. Rust is a programming language that is empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- Regularized Programming with the BOSQUE Language — We believe that, just as structured programming did years ago, this regularized programming model will lead to massively improved developer productivity, increased software quality, and enable a second golden age of developments in compilers and developer tooling.
- All That You Need to Know About Microsoft's New Programming Language: Bosque — The Bosque programming language is a Microsoft Research project that is investigating language designs for writing code that is simple, obvious, and easy to reason about for both humans and machines
- Bosque Language Overview
- Microsoft debuts Bosque – a new programming language with no loops, inspired by TypeScript
- The Mad Botter INC on Twitter — Happy #EarthDay! We are awarding a free @system76 #DarterPro to the middle or high school student that can send our CEO @dominucco an innovative idea to fight climate change using #Linux. To submit please write up a report and diagram & email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- git-secrets — Prevents you from committing secrets and credentials into git repositories.
- git-hound — Hound is a Git plugin that helps prevent sensitive data from being committed into a repository by sniffing potential commits against PCRE regular expressions.
- truffleHog — Searches through git repositories for secrets, digging deep into commit history and branches. This is effective at finding secrets accidentally committed.
.net, aws, bosque, chromebooks, chromeos, coder radio, developer podcast, earth day, egpu, f#, git-secrets, gpl, hardware, lgpl, mad botter, memory management, ml, pinning, programming language research, qt, rust, software licenses, strong types, system76, telemetry, thunderbolt, type safety, typed strings, typescript, windows, windows 10, xfce