LAN 248: Linux Action News 248¶
- Air Date: 2022-07-07
- Duration: 21 mins 11 secs
About this episode¶
The new movement to leave GitHub, an Ubuntu bug biting 22.04 users, the hardware platform Fedora might start taking seriously, and a major desktop dev departs Red Hat.
- Kolide: User-centered, cross-platform endpoint security for teams that Slack.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Give Up GitHub: The Time Has Come! — Today, we take a stronger stance. We are ending all our own uses of GitHub, and announcing a long-term plan to assist FOSS projects to migrate away from GitHub.
- Roma, one of the first RISC-V laptops, may ship in September — As for the specs, the Roma laptop will, we're told, come with a quad-core RISC-V processor, an Arm security enclave core, a GPU/NPU accelerator for video and AI workloads, up to 16GB of LPDDR4 or LPDDR4X memory, and up to 256GB of storage.
- System76 Announces New Alder Lake Laptop With Coreboot Firmware — System76 has announced a new Lemur Pro laptop model that is now offering 12th Gen "Alder Lake" Intel processors while continuing to feature Coreboot firmware.
- Fedora May Finally Provide Official Support For The Raspberry Pi 4 — The hope with this change proposal is to provide more "official" support for Fedora Linux on the Raspberry Pi 4B / 400 / CM4 hardware.
- Changes/RaspberryPi4 - Fedora Project Wiki
- Fedora 37 Proposing To Allow Unrestricted Access To Flathub
- Fedora 37 Looks To Better Manage Its 175MB+ Of Linux Firmware Blobs
- Fedora 37 Gets A Batch Of New Features Approved
- New Ubuntu MATE Release — Improved compositor and video playback performance, zswap (lz4) by default & optimised image sizes
- Systemd Creator Lands At Microsoft — The prominent open-source developer responsible for several prominent projects joined Microsoft and is continuing his focus on systemd development.
- Lennart Poettering - systemd + PulseAudio Creator - Departed Red Hat
- Linode Now Supports Kali Linux
- Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Has A Change On The Way For Systemd-OOMD Being Kill-Happy With Apps
- ManagedOOMSwap docs
- Discussion: systemd-oomd issues on desktop
- 249.11-0ubuntu3.4 : systemd package : Ubuntu
arm, canonical, centralization, cgroups, chrome, code repository, copilot, coreboot, deepcomputing, fedora, fedora 37, foss, git, github, give up github, lemur pro, lennart poettering, linux action news, linux kernel, linux news podcast, memory pressure, mesa, oom, opengl, psi, pulseaudio, raspberry pi 4, red hat, risc-v, roma, sfc, software freedom conservancy, swap, system76, systemd, systemd-oomd, ubuntu, ubuntu mate, vcs, vulkan, xcalibyte