LUP 429: Starlink's Linux Secrets¶
- Air Date: 2021-10-26
- Duration: 59 mins 54 secs
About this episode¶
We attempt a live production over Starlink, and dig into the secrets of this giant Linux network in space.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- A Cloud Guru: By the end of this course, you will feel comfortable working with a large variety of networking tools and configurations to manage complex Linux networking implementations.
- Some users experienced data loss on 21.10
- Ubuntu Makes Firefox Snap Default in 21.10
- How to Remove Firefox Snap from Ubuntu (21.10 +) And Alternatives
- Element One — Matrix, WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram in one place.
- Space Exploration Technologies on GitHub
- U-Boot Changes by SpaceX
- Linux Kernel Changes by SpaceX
- SpaceX openWRT Pull Requests
- PTP Changes by SpaceX
- Notes from a talk given by then head of Software at SpaceX, Jinnah Hosein — On 1-Aug-2017, Jinnah Hosein, who was the head of Software at SpaceX at the time, spoke to my company, Orbital Insight, in Mountain View California, and I took some notes.
- Summary of SpaceX Software AMA
- Stack Overflow Blog — Network protocols in orbit: Building a space-based ISP
- starlink-grpc-tools — This repository has a handful of tools for interacting with the gRPC service implemented on the Starlink user terminal (AKA "the dish").
- Set a Static Route for the App to talk to the Dish
- Live Starlink Satellite and Coverage Map
- Starlink Coverage Tracker
- Croc — A tool that allows any two computers to simply and securely transfer files and folders.
- crocgui — A nice simple GUI for croc, designed for mobile use.
- kdeconnect-ios — Native iOS port of KDE Connect.
canonical, croc, crocgui, element one, elon musk, ems, fdroid, firefox snap, gnome 40, go, isp in space, jupiter broadcasting, kdeconnect-ios, kubuntu, linux in space, linux podcast, linux unplugged, magic wormhole, mate, matrix, mir, openwrt, peplink, plasma, poe, preempt_rt, signal, spacex, speed test, starlink, starlink-grpc-tools, telegram, ubuntu 21.10, unity, whatsapp, wireless internet, yaru, zfs data loss