CR 486: The Fight for the Next Knight Rider¶
- Air Date: 2022-10-05
- Duration: 49 mins 13 secs
About this episode¶
Why we think Google will ultimately lose the next big tech battle.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- System76: The new Oryx Pro has a beautiful Samsung OLED 4k display and an insanely fast RAM upgrade from DDR4 to DDR5.
- I486 - Wikiwand — The Intel 486, officially named i486 and also known as 80486, is a microprocessor. It is a higher-performance follow-up to the Intel 386.
- Aquamacs Emacs — An Editor for Text, HTML, LaTeX, C++, Java, Python, R, Perl, Ruby, PHP, and more…
- Our List of Meetup Rooms on Matrix
- Stadia died because no one trusts Google — No one trusts Google. It has exhibited such poor understanding of what people want, need and will pay for that at this point, people are wary of investing in even its more popular products.
- Nibel on Twitter — No clue where this is going but I'm intrigued.
- Sega Channel — The Sega Channel is a discontinued online game service developed by Sega for the Sega Genesis video game console, serving as a content delivery system. Launched on December 14, 1994, the Sega Channel was provided to the public by TCI and Time Warner Cable through cable television services by way of coaxial cable.
- OnLive — Games were delivered to OnLive's client software as streaming video rendered by the service's servers, rather than rendered locally by the device.
- The Next Big Battle Between Google and Apple Is for the Soul of Your Car — For the car companies involved, which face the nearly impossible challenge of producing software on par with what tech companies offer, working with Silicon Valley can address consumer desires while also staving off competition from companies like Tesla.
- WSJ Archive Link
- Flatseal—Linux Apps on Flathub — Flatseal is a graphical utility to review and modify permissions from your Flatpak applications.
- Find Chris on Fountain.FM and Check out his Clips
- Send a Boost in with a New Podcast App — Grab a podcasting 2.0 compatible app and send a Boost into the show!
andorid auto, android automotive, calyxos, carplay, coder radio, dev one, development podcast, flastseal, flatpak, grapheneos, infotainment, killed by google, onlive, oryx pro, permisions, qnx, sega channel, stadia, volvocar os, vscode