LAN 232: Linux Action News 232¶
- Air Date: 2022-03-17
- Duration: 19 mins 7 secs
About this episode¶
Steam comes to ChromeOS, our thoughts on Arch turning 20, and our first look at GNOME 42.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Ting: Save $25 off your first device, or $25 in service credit if you bring one!
- Arch Linux turned 20 years old
- Steam for Chrome OS teased at Google for Games Developer Summit — Steam for Chrome OS was announced as being available "right now" at the Google for Games Developer Summit on March 15, 2022.
- Google Finally Announces Steam For Chrome OS
- Valve sent the developer of Lutris a Steam Deck to help development
- Steam Survey Results For February 2022 Put Linux Right Above 1.0%
- Roadtest Proposed As A New Driver Testing Framework For Linux — Roadtest is a device driver testing framework whereby drivers are tested under User-Mode Linux against mocked/modelled hardware.
- GNOME 42 News
- The Best New Features in GNOME 42
- Download Fedora 36 Beta
- Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish) Daily Build
- Bump version to 42.0
- Mutter Bump version to 42.0
arch, arch linux, chromeos, ci/cd, containers, crux, dark mode, fedora 36, gaming on linux, gedit, gentoo, gnome 42, gtk4, homer, libadwaita, linux action news, linux desktop, linux device drivers, linux kernel, linux news podcast, lutris, python, roadtest, rolling release, steam, steam deck, steam on chromeos, steam survey, tdd, testing, ubuntu 22.04, ui, unit test, ux, valve