LUP 432: Three Tumbleweed Temptations¶
- Air Date: 2021-11-16
- Duration: 62 mins 32 secs
About this episode¶
Can we live with openSUSE Tumbleweed?
- 2021 Tuxie Nominations are Open!
- SteamOS 3.0 will have an immutable filesystem - a first for arch? — During the Steam Deck Development live steam, Valve finally gave us some good news and said that SteamOS 3.0 will be generally available for everyone to install on their computers. They also revealed that SteamOS 3.0 will have an immutable root file system to prevent unauthorized access and use PipeWire for audio.
- Greg’s Company Cock Blocks the free OpenSUSE — "Hey, @openSUSE have you been seeing a drop in downloads recently? I might know why..."
- They did this to AlmaLinux at the end of July.
- AlmaLinux AMA
- Setting up a containerized environment - openSUSE User Documentation Project
- Using the Linode Graphical Shell (Glish)
- How to switch from OpenSUSE Leap to Tumbleweed?
- Transactional Updates | Administration Guide | SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1
- The Transactional Update Guide
- Manpage for transactional-update — Transactional-update updates the system in a transactional way; this means updates are atomic, so either the patches are fully applied or nothing is changed. The update does not influence the running system and it can be rolled back. To activate the changes, the system needs to be rebooted. To achieve this transactional-update is using Btrfs' snapshot mechanism, combined with the default distribution tools
- YaST Online Update
- OpenSUSE System Updates
- Snapper rollback with btrfs
- openSUSE/transactional-update — Do transactional updates on openSUSE/SUSE Linux Enterprise products with btrfs, snapshots and rollback.
- Open Build Service
- OpenSUSE Conference 2017
- Post that explains some of the drawbacks of transaction updates
- Zypper cheat sheet VERY handy and recommend it
- Pick: mp4grep — Command-line tool that searches audio/video files.
- JB All Shows Feed
ai, almalinux, arch linux, arm, btrfs, centos, cli, command line, docker, docker-compose, flatpak, gaming on linux, immutable filesystem, jupiter broadcasting, kde, kexec, kinoite, lcars, leap, linux podcast, linux unplugged, manjaro, ml, mp4, mp4grep, nextcloud, obs, open build service, open source, opensuse, package management, plasma, podman, proton, red hat, rhel, rocky linux, rpm, samba, silverblue, sles, smb, snapper, snapshots, steam deck, steam os 3.0, stream, subtitles, suse, tng, transactional updates, transcription, tumbleweed, valve, yast, zypper