SSH 053: Adventurous Build¶
- Air Date: 2021-09-10
- Duration: 37 mins 16 secs
About this episode¶
We chat with Matt from Adventurous Way about the home automations that have improved his quality of life, the clever way he manages their off-grid rig, and the new smart home project he's just kicking off.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- A Cloud Guru: Students will install and configure various use cases for Apache, Squid, and NGINX, including virtual hosts, proxy and reverse proxy servers, HTTPS/SSL, and load balancing.
- Adventurous Way - YouTube — Our motto is to live life the adventurous way. If there is a conventional way to do something and an adventurous way to do something - we choose the adventurous way.
- Our DIY RV electrical system 3 years later - a detailed walk-through - YouTube — We installed our DIY RV electrical system as soon as we hit the road in the RV almost 3 years ago. In this video, we give you a detailed walk-through of our system that consists of 300Ah Battle Born Batteries, Victron inverter, DC to DC charger, 600 watts of rooftop solar that lets us boondock in beautiful places that we otherwise couldn't.
- The ultimate DIY SMART RV - tour our SMART HOME on wheels - YouTube — A tour of our DIY smart RV, packed full of home automation technology that makes our full-time RV life more comfortable, secure and efficient!
- SONOFF SV — Wi-Fi DIY Smart Switch for low voltage goodness
- CARP — CARP is the Common Address Redundancy Protocol. Its primary purpose is to allow multiple hosts on the same network segment to share an IP address. CARP is a secure, free alternative to the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) and the Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP).
- Color Control GX — The Color Control GX is the communication-centre of your installation. It offers at-a-glance live information, and lets you control all products connected to it.
- Node-RED — Node-RED is a programming tool for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services in new and interesting ways.
- Pi-KVM — This device helps to manage servers or workstations remotely, regardless of the health of the operating system or whether one is installed. You can fix any problem, configure the BIOS, and even reinstall the OS using the virtual CD-ROM or Flash Drive.
- Adventurous Way - Technology / Smart Home website — A highly informative blog series from Matt on his smart RV experience.
- dbus-mqtt Github repo — The Github repo for Victron's MQTT implementation.
- Self-Hosting Victron Venus OS on a Raspberry Pi — This page explains how to install the Victron Energy Venus OS onto a RaspberryPi.
- Home Assistant - set_location service — Set your location programmatically with Home Assistant.