LUP 376: From The Factory Floor¶
- Air Date: 2020-10-20
- Duration: 58 mins 14 secs
About this episode¶
We put the new Ubuntu 20.10 to the test, and chat with System76's Mechanical Engineer to get the secrets of the new Thelio Mega.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- A Cloud Guru: Hundreds of courses, thousands of hands-on labs.
- Microsoft Edge Insider
- Introducing Microsoft Edge preview builds for Linux - Microsoft Edge Blog — Today’s release supports Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, and openSUSE distributions.
- System76 unleash a quad-GPU Linux monster with the ‘Thelio Mega’ — System76 say that the Thelio Mega is the world's smallest quad-GPU workstation primarily made for deep learning and scientific computing.
- Thelio Mega - System76
- NVIDIA Doesn’t Expect To Have Linux 5.9 Driver Support For Another Month — Linux Kernel 5.9+ is incompatible with current and previous NVIDIA Linux GPU drivers. We advise customers to defer updating to Linux Kernel 5.9+ until mid-November when an NVIDIA Linux GPU driver update with Kernel 5.9+ support is expected to be available.
- You may want to avoid Linux Kernel 5.9 if you want fully supported NVIDIA drivers
- Frogging-Family/nvidia-all: Nvidia driver 450 to 396 series AIO installer
- PinePhone Manjaro Community Edition | PINE64 — This community edition will ship in a custom presentation box designed by Manjaro’s development team, and the PinePhone itself will feature a sleek-looking Manjaro logo on the back-cover.
- Manjaro ARM Alpha1 with Lomiri (PinePhone) - ARM / Releases - Manjaro Linux Forum
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- Unplugged Core Contributors
- Ubuntu 20.10 Release Date & New Features (Updated) - OMG! Ubuntu! — Desktop lead Martin Wimpress has teased full Ubuntu desktop support for the Raspberry Pi 4 (8GB), much to the delight of the Raspberry Pi fan base.
- Linux 5.8 Released, This is What’s New - OMG! Ubuntu!
- GNOME 3.38 Release Notes
- Groovy Gorilla Release Notes
- Ubuntu To Try Again In Switching IPTables To Use Nftables Backend - Phoronix
- Ubuntu 20.10 Adding Active Directory Support To The Installer - Phoronix — The Ubiquity installer user interface allows specifying the domain, administrator, and password as well as a test for the domain.
- Feedback: ESXi Arm Fling
- Pick: badblocks — badblocks is a program to test storage devices for bad blocks.
ai, badblocks, blink, browsers, canonical, chrome, chromium, edge for linux, esxi arm fling, firefox, firewall, gnome 3.38, gpl condom, gpu, groovy gorilla, hard drive, jupiter broadcasting, lindsey cross, linux 5.9, linux podcast, manjaro arm, microsoft, ml, netgpu, nftables, nvidia, phosh, pine64, pinephone manjaro community edition, pop!_os, raspberry pi, rockchip, s.m.a.r.t, system76, thelio mega, ubuntu 20.10, unplugged