SSH 096: Outdoor Home Assistant¶
- Air Date: 2023-05-05
- Duration: 53 mins 6 secs
About this episode¶
Why Chris needs ANOTHER Home Assistant instance and a major breakthrough for self-hosters.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- A Chat about Linus' DATA Recovery w/ Allan Jude - YouTube
- 2023.5: Let's talk! - Home Assistant — What an exciting release we have for you this month! This release is all about voice (well, almost fully), and I’m super excited we can ship you all this truly amazing stuff!
- Installing a local Assist pipeline - Home Assistant — For text-to-speech we have developed Piper. Piper is a fast, local neural text to speech system that sounds great and is optimized for the Raspberry Pi 4. It supports many languages. On a Raspberry Pi, using medium quality models, it can generate 1.6s of voice in a second.
- New Voice Assistant UI — A brand new and exciting menu item can be found in your Settings menu: Voice assistants!
- piper: A fast, local neural text to speech system — A fast, local neural text to speech system that sounds great and is optimized for the Raspberry Pi 4.
- Fisher Garden Overhead View — Photos of Chris' Nerd Garden
- Industrial Linux Mini Pc — Intel Atom CPU Industrial Computer Mini PC With XP/Win 7/Win 10/Linux System Support WiFi/3G/4G/LTE
- qBoxMini DIY IOT Enclosure Plus Kit — Flanged IP65 waterproof enclosure : Sealed, made of high-quality ABS material suitable for indoor and outdoor DIY IOT projects
- TICONN Waterproof Electrical Junction Box IP67 — TICONN electrical waterproof box is made from quality ABS plastic, which offers superb impact resistance and electrical insulation capability. Easy-to-operate door latches are made from 304 Stainless Steel [IP67 GRADE] The electrical
- Automations and Templates — ESPHome — Automations and templates are two very powerful aspects of ESPHome. Automations allow you to perform actions under certain conditions and templates are a way to easily customize everything about your node without having to dive into the full ESPHome C++ API.
- xiaomi-flora — This is a teardown and analysis of the Xiaomi flower/plant monitor (it doesn't seem to have an official name). The analysis is not extremely in-depth because the main goal was to figure out how to use the device without the official app.
- Capacitive Soil Moisture Sensors don't work correctly - YouTube — Fix for v2.0 v1.2 Arduino ESP32 Raspberry Pi.
- prometheus-plex-exporter — Expose library playback, storage, and host metrics in a Prometheus format.
- Dashboard for Days for Plex
- Introducing Custom OIDC · Tailscale — At Tailscale, we don’t want your users (or us) managing a separate list of usernames and passwords, which is why you must use single sign-on with an identity provider to create and manage your network. Until now, that meant you needed to choose from a handful of trusted identity providers including Google, Okta, GitHub, and Azure AD. Custom OIDC, now in beta (and available for everyone), changes all that.
- Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Top off Alby with some sats.
- Self-Hosted on the Podcastindex.org — Send a boost right from the Podcast Index web page.
automation, budget-friendly, capacitive soil moisture sensors, dashboards, data recovery, esphome automation, exposed entities, garden data, garden operation, home assistant, industrial linux mini pc, ip67, joplin, joplin server, jupiter broadcasting, lazydocker, lazygit, obsidian livesync, piper, plex prometheus exporter, prometheus format, qboxmini diy iot enclosure, raspberry pi 4, self-hosting podcast, step-down dc-dc converter, ticonn waterproof electrical junction box, trigger watering, voice, webhook trigger options, xiaomi flora