LAN 272: Linux Action News 272¶
- Air Date: 2022-12-22
- Duration: 15 mins 16 secs
About this episode¶
Why we won't see a new Raspberry Pi until 2025, the first steps to Plasma 6 are being taken, and PipeWire gets a major Bluetooth upgrade.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Kolide: User-centered, cross-platform endpoint security for teams that Slack.
- Raspberry Pi 5 Not Launching Until After 2023 — Don't expect a Pi 5 next year " Upton then expands and explains that 2023 is a "recovery year".
- Eben Upton Interview: Raspberry Pi Availability & More! - YouTube
- Raspberry Pi Adds 100,000 Units to Supply Chain, Back to Pre-pandemic Levels in 2023 | Tom’s Hardware — In the blog post, Upton acknowledged the patience of the community and offers the 100,000 units, made up of Raspberry Pi Zero W, 3A+ and Raspberry Pi 4 2GB and 4GB for single-unit sale. We don't know the breakdown of how many of each model there will be, but Upton does indicate that it is likely that Raspberry Pi Zero W will come back into stock first.
- KDE Frameworks 5.101 Released — Per the plans laid out earlier this year at the Akademy developer conference, KDE Frameworks 5 feature development stops following the v5.101 release. KDE Frameworks 5 will now just see maintenance updates moving forward.
- Xfce 4.18 Released — After almost two years of work, we are happy to announce the release of Xfce 4.18 !
- Xfce 4.18 by muscaln · Pull Request #206282 · NixOS/nixpkgs
- PipeWire Bluetooth Improvements — Most exciting with today's PipeWire 0.3.62 release is now supporting Bluetooth offloading.
- Releases · PipeWire / wireplumber · GitLab
- Feature Preview: Gitea Actions — Gitea Actions goes beyond just DevOps and lets you run workflows when other events happen in your repository.
- act_runner — A runner for Gitea based on act.
- act — Run your GitHub Actions locally 🚀
act, actions, amd, audio, automation, bluetooth, christopher barnatt, ci/cd, continuous deployment, continuous integration, desktop linux, eben upton, electronics, explaining computers, git, gitea, gitea actions, gpu acceleration, graphics, hardware, hardware acceleration, kde, linux action news, linux news podcast, nvidia, open-source, pi 5, pipewire, plasma, pulseaudio, qt, raspberry pi, samsung, security, software, software development, supply chain, technology, vulnerabilities, wayland, wireplumber, x11, xfce, xfce 4.18