CR 416: Strange Voltron of Hell¶
- Air Date: 2021-06-02
- Duration: 53 mins 16 secs
About this episode¶
Mike's unique take on the bold promises made at MS Build this year, and the one item he REALLY wants announced at WWDC next week.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- System76: Engineered to be comfortable and fully customizable.
- Datadog: Try Datadog free by starting a your 14-day trial and receive a free t-shirt once you install the agent.
- A Cloud Guru: A Cloud Guru now includes Cloud Playground. Azure, AWS, or GCP Sandboxes at your fingertips.
- Microsoft Build was bad, and the company needs to do better — WebView2 in WinUI 3, Project Reunion 0.8, Windows search improvements, and Windows Terminal 1.9.
- Microsoft Build 2021 Book of News — This Book of News is your resource for all the announcements we’re making at Microsoft Build.
- Qualcomm has a Snapdragon Developer Kit to test Windows apps — Powered by the Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 chipset, it’s also going to include things like .NET 5.0, Visual Studio Code, FFMPEG, LLVM, Chromium, Wix, and more. With x64 emulation currently preview, developers can test that out as well to see the benefit with a native ARM64 app.
- Microsoft Build: Nadella teases Windows update; Teams, Azure improved — CEO Satya Nadella teased “one of the most significant updates of Windows of the past decade” in his kickoff speech at Microsoft’s Build conference for software developers.
- Apple Accuses Microsoft of Using Epic in Legal Attack — Apple claims Epic used as many witnesses associated with Microsoft at trial as it did its own -- five each -- including Susan Athey from Stanford University.
- WWDC 2021 Predictions - dominickm.com — Here are my predictions of what we’ll see.
apple accuses microsoft, chromebooks, coder radio, development podcast, epic, jupiter broadcasting, m1, major windows update, microsoft build 2021, ordered and loose cultures, pop_os, proxy war, sun valley, thinkpad, webview2, windows 10, windows arm developer kit, wwdc predictions