CR 496: Sweeney's Final Swing¶
- Air Date: 2022-12-14
- Duration: 64 mins 32 secs
About this episode¶
We debate a few more drunk or 4D chess moves, the mad lad taking on Apple, and why Dart 3 has people talking. Plus, what a recent criticism of Scrum got wrong.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- Unplugged Tuxies - 2022 - GO VOTE! — Cast your vote for the best in open source for 2022.
- Launch Keyboard - System76 — Launch Configurable Keyboards are engineered to be comfortable, fully customizable, and make your workflow more efficient.
- Elon Musk’s $8 Twitter Blue subscription launches again on Monday — The package will cost $11 per month if you buy it from Apple, with Blue verified checks for people who provide a phone number, while features “coming soon” include prioritized placement in replies and search plus fewer ads.
- Elon Musk on Twitter — My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci
- Elon Musk on Twitter — The woke mind virus is either defeated or nothing else matters
- Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney thinks ‘every politician should fear’ Apple’s power — Sweeney says he’s willing to go to the Supreme Court to fight Apple’s control of the App Store. But first, he’s hoping Congress will act before it’s too late.
- Text - S.2710 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Open App Markets Act — To promote competition and reduce gatekeeper power in the app economy, increase choice, improve quality, and reduce costs for consumers.
- The road to Dart 3: A fully sound, null safe language — Preparing for the next major release, where Dart only supports sound null safety
- Scrum Has Failed the Developers — But meanwhile, many developers have suffered. Because people with power misused Scrum to add more pressure on developers. The pressure of delivering items according to plan every Sprint. Having crunch time every two weeks to ensure they meet external expectations. In the good old days of Waterfall projects, teams had to deal with this far less frequently, mostly at the end of the project. These days, many developers feel constant pressure to deliver.
- Join the Podverse beta - TestFlight - Apple — Try out the new Podverse with CarPlay support!
- Send a Boost into the Show — Upgrade to a Podcasting 2.0 app, get great new features, and send a Boost into the show 🎉
.net, apple store, coder radio, dart 3, development podcast, edit tweets, elon musk, epic games, null safety, open app markets act, rust, s.2710, scrum, tim sweeney, twitter blue