LUP 303: Stateless and Dateless¶
- Air Date: 2019-05-28
- Duration: 68 mins 19 secs
About this episode¶
We visit Intel to figure out what Clear Linux is all about and explain a few tricks that make it unique.
- Assigning GPU Devices - Red Hat Customer Portal — To assign a GPU to a guest virtual machine, you must enable the I/O Memory Management Unit (IOMMU) on the host machine, identify the GPU device by using the lspci command
- Ubuntu 19.10 To Bundle NVIDIA's Proprietary Driver — The open-source NVIDIA "Nouveau" drivers will remain the default for NVIDIA graphics on new Ubuntu installations, but this change is positioning the mainline and legacy NVIDIA proprietary drivers onto the Ubuntu ISO so that they can be easily obtained locally post-install.
- ZFS On Linux 0.8 Released With Native Encryption and TRIM — ZFS On Linux 0.8 adds native encryption support as well as raw encrypted ZFS send/receive support.
- Please don’t theme our apps — An open letter from independent app developers to the wider GNOME community
- Leave the themes alone — If you don't like our themes, create your own Linux distribution, where Adwaita theme will be installed, which cannot be changed, or close source code of GNOME.
- Texas Linux Fest 2019 — Texas Linux Fest is an annual Linux and open source software event for Texas and the surrounding region. We are excited to bring you two days of general sessions and vendor sessions this year along with two full days of expo floor! Texas Linux Fest is for the business and home Linux user, and for the experienced developer and newcomer alike.
- The Friday Stream Episode 5: Junk Yard Sale — Chris and Brent are back from their buddies trip to Portland and share a few stories, but the big surprise comes when Chris’ wife joins to share big life-changing news.
- Linux Academy Redesigned Hands-On Labs UI — After returning from the holiday weekend, we are ready to show off the new Hands-On Labs interface along with a ton of new hands-on labs and two new courses.
- Mobile Apps Now Open to Community Edition students — Starting with today’s release (3.0), Community Edition students will be able to log in and use the our mobile apps
- Ell's KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2019 ARTICLE — Great pictures and more details from KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2019.
- Barcelona '19: KubeCon + CloudNativeCon - YouTube — KubeCon talks posted on their YouTube Channel.
- More Pictures from KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2019
- Brent's Clear Linux OS 2019 ARTICLE — The part of the story that can only be told in pictures.
- phmccarty (Patrick McCarty)
- Clear Linux OS - Architecture Overview — Describes how Clear Linux OS is designed, highlighting core features, operating models, and foundational tools that are key to understanding how the distro operates.
- Clear Linux OS MeetUp: An Introduction and Beyond Source - YouTube — We had the Intel Clear Linux OS MeetUp last night in Oregon and it was a success!
- Docker Bug Allows Root Access to Host File System — The basic premise of this attack is that FollowSymlinkInScope suffers from a fairly fundamental TOCTOU attack
bundles, clear linux, encryption, gnome, gtk, intel, jupiter broadcasting, kubecon, kubernetes, kvm, linux podcast, linux unplugged, nvidia driver, pci passthrough, please don’t theme, rolling linux, stop themeing my app, ubuntu 19.10, virtualization, zfs on linux