SSH 010: Compromised Cameras¶
- Air Date: 2020-01-16
- Duration: 33 mins 49 secs
About this episode¶
Wyze and Xiaomi suffer major cloud hosted blunders, so Alex tells us about his new fully offline camera security system, tied into Shinobi.
- Employee error to blame for massive data leak, Wyze says — The database in question was basically a copy of the production database that Wyze created to work with
- When I load the Xiaomi camera in my Google home hub I get stills from other people's homes!
- Alex Kretzschmar on Twitter — "Another item off the Todo list. Self-hosted cameras using @AmcrestSecurity 4k IP8M-T2499EW
- Self-hosted Speedtest — Self-hosted Speedtest for HTML5 and more. Easy setup, examples, configurable, mobile friendly. Supports PHP, Node, Multiple servers, and more
- Alex's docker-compose snippet for LibreSpeedTest
- Statping: Status Page for monitoring your websites — An easy to use Status Page for your websites and applications. Statping will automatically fetch the application and render a beautiful status page with tons of features for you to build an even better status page. This Status Page generator allows you to use MySQL, Postgres, or SQLite on multiple operating systems.
- Amazon.com : Nelly's Security 3MP WiFi Video Doorbell Camera — W/ 2 Way Audio, Onvif Compliant, PIR Motion Sensor, Night Vision, 16GB SD Card Pre-Installed.
- Smart Power Strip TECKIN WiFi Surge Protector
amcrest, cctv, home assistant, jupiter broadcasting, librespeed, linux academy, project off-grid, ring alternative, self hosted speedtest, self-hosting podcast, shinobi, solar, statping, tuya-convert, victron, wyze, xiaomi