LUP 402: Our Worst Idea Yet¶
- Air Date: 2021-04-20
- Duration: 70 mins 1 secs
About this episode¶
You should never host your own email, so we’ve gone and done just that. What we learned trying to build an email server in 2021.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- MailRoute: Try out MailRoute today and get 10% off the lifetime of your account and start with a 30-day free trial, no credit card required.
- A Cloud Guru: By the end of this course, you will feel comfortable working with a large variety of networking tools and configurations to manage complex Linux networking implementations.
- Hirsute Hippo Release Notes — These release notes for Ubuntu 21.04 (Hirsute Hippo) provide an overview of the release and document the known issues with Ubuntu and its flavours.
- Ubuntu 21.04 Release Date & New Features - OMG! Ubuntu!
- Announcing the Ubuntu Desktop Team Indaba (AMA) - April 23, 2021 @ 3PM UTC — This will be a live stream featuring members of the Ubuntu Desktop Team and members of the community. We will include special guests from the community as well as take questions from via live chat.
- LINUX Unplugged 396: How Linux Got to Mars — Tim Canham, the Mars Helicopter Operations Lead, shares Linux’s origins at JPL and how it ended up running on multiple boxes on Mars.
- Nasa successfully flies small helicopter on Mars — The drone, called Ingenuity, was airborne for less than a minute, but Nasa is celebrating what represents the first powered, controlled flight by an aircraft on another world.
- NASA Helicopter Hovers Over Mars In 1st Powered Flight On Another Planet
- Humans have just flown a rotorcraft on an alien planet for the first time in history.
- Linux Action News 185 — The major shift in the Linux landscape this week that was hardly noticed, and our thoughts on COSMIC from System76.
- Jupiter Broadcasting Garage Sale
- Jupiter Broadcasting Telegram
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- docker-mailserver — A fullstack but simple mail server (SMTP, IMAP, LDAP, Antispam, Antivirus, etc.) using Docker.
- Docker Mailserver Docs
- DMARC Guide | Global Cyber Alliance | Email Authentication Made Easy
- GitHub - calendso/calendso: The open-source Calendly alternative.
- System76 Blog — COSMIC to Arrive in June Release of Pop!_OS 21.04 — What is COSMIC? It’s a refined solution that makes the desktop easier to use, yet more powerful and efficient for our users through customization.
5.10, 5.4, active directory, arch, arch server update, btrfs, calendly, calendso, cgroupv2, clamav, containerd, containers, cosmic, dkim, dmarc, dns, docker, docker-mailserver, dovecot, email, email filtering, firefox 87, gnome 3.38, group policy, gtk, imap, ingenuity, jupiter broadcasting, jupiter garage, jupitergarage.com, kubuntu, let's encrypt, linux 5.11, linux podcast, linuxcopter, lts kernel, mail server, mail-in-a-box, mailroute, mars, mx, networking, perseverance, plasma 5.21, pop!_os, postfix, postgrey, raspberry pi, security, self-hosted appointments, smtp, snap packages, snapd, spam, spamassasin, spf, subspace, system76, tim canham, ubuntu 21.04, unplugged, wayland, wireguard, x11, xorg