LUP 489: Brent's Secret Emails¶
- Air Date: 2022-12-18
- Duration: 90 mins 51 secs
About this episode¶
Brent's been hiding your emails; we confront him and expose what he's been keeping from the show.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- Linux teams up with partners to overthrow Google Maps’s dominance
- Tailnet lock white paper — Tailscale implements a novel mechanism, tailnet lock, to prevent a malicious control plane from inserting itself into a network. Tailnet lock requires the verification of a cryptographic signature on all WireGuard® node keys distributed by Tailscale’s control plane.
- Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History — In "Hardcore History" journalist and broadcaster Dan Carlin takes his "Martian", unorthodox way of thinking and applies it to the past.
- Knaves Out – Darknet Diaries — This is the story about how someone hacked into JP Morgan Chase, one of the biggest financial institutions in the world.
- Dana Carvey’s The Weird Place — The Weird Place is an episodic sci-fi comedy adventure that will blow your mind. From manipulative aliens to time-traveling pirates to a power-hungry mad man with a magic globe.
- Linux Out Loud — Linux Out Loud is a community powered podcast. We take conversations from the DLN Community from places like the DLN Discourse Forums, Telegram group, Discord server and more.
- Picture of Dennis V’s Keyboard
- Announcement: Direct Alby wallet top up with MoonPay
- LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org
- Generate Let’s Encrypt Certificate with DNS Challenge and Namecheap
- Tailscale breaks DNS-over-TLS on Android · Issue #915 · tailscale/tailscale
- Moving entire Linux installation to another drive - Ask Ubuntu
- Migrate installation to new hardware - ArchWiki
- Disk cloning - ArchWiki
- NixOS Root on ZFS
- NixOS getting started - no mention of mkswap
- ZFS - NixOS Wiki
- NixOS install with ZFS — Dan’s Cheat Sheets 1 documentation
- Installing NixOS with multiple encrypted ZFS pools, decrypted with one password
- How I installed Encrypted ZFS root on NixOS
- Install NixOS on ZFS With Opt-In State
- NixOS on encrypted ZFS | The DevOps Blog
- How do you say SUSE?
- SmartTubeNext — Ad free app for watching tube videos on Android TV boxes.
- Nobara Linux — The Nobara Project, to put it simply, is a modified version of Fedora Linux with user-friendly fixes added to it.
- thoughtbot/rcm — rc file (dotfile) management
- GoToSocial — Fast, fun, ActivityPub server, powered by Go.
- JB FOSDEM 2023 Matrix Room
activitypub, android, aosp, apple, arch linux, brently, btrfs, canonical, clonezilla, clown show, cow, dave, dns, element, ergodox, fedora, flatpak, fosdem, giraffeneos, gnome boxes, google, grapheneos, i3, iphone, jupiter broadcasting, let's encrypt, linux podcast, linux unplugged, mastodon, matrix, nextcloud, nextcloud talk, nix, nixos, nixpkgs, nobara linux, opensuse, owntracks, playstore, retro kde theming, rsync, smarttubenext, snapshots, sway, tailscale, tiling window manager, tumbleweed, ubuntu, virtualbox, virtualization, wayland, waze, xfs, yast, zfs, zfs-on-root, zsys, 🦒