CR 409: Conflict¶
- Air Date: 2021-04-14
- Duration: 52 mins 11 secs
About this episode¶
We visit an alternate reality where Epic wins in their fight against Apple, COBOL reigns supreme, and the halls of great Jedi Temple are lined with Object-C developers.
- System76: Thelio Mira empowers your workflow with high-end components backed by quiet, effective cooling—a great value that proves its worth in any professional setting.
- A Cloud Guru: A Cloud Guru now includes Cloud Playground. Azure, AWS, or GCP Sandboxes at your fingertips.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Datadog: Try Datadog free by starting a your 14-day trial and receive a free t-shirt once you install the agent.
- Objective-C slides down the popularity rankings — Objective-C, the general-purpose programming language that was used for OS X and iOS development in the earlier days of Apple, enjoyed high spots in the TIOBE index until 2014, and was listed for language of the year award in 2011 and 2012
- index | TIOBE
- Apple Admits Why It Keeps iMessage Off Android — There’s an entire section in the filing about iMessage and how Apple uses it to keep users in their system.
- Epic v. Apple discovery details ‘Project Liberty’ scheme — According to Apple, Epic Games has hired PR firms in 2019 to work on a media strategy called “Project Liberty” aimed at portraying Apple “as the bad guy.”
- IBM COBOL for Linux on x86 1.1 — COBOL for Linux on x86 1.1 is the latest addition to the IBM COBOL compiler family, which includes Enterprise COBOL for z/OS and COBOL for AIX.
- Kitchen Table Talks: Why COBOL is Affecting the COVID-19 Response - YouTube
- UTM App — Run virtual machines on iOS
- Install Ubuntu ARM64 on Apple M1