LUP 409: Launch Your Memories Into the Future¶
- Air Date: 2021-06-08
- Duration: 67 mins 34 secs
About this episode¶
We discuss old and new ways to manage, organize, index, and search your photo collection. It's our favorite Google Photo's alternatives.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Jupiter Garage Sale: Own a bit of Jupiter Broadcasting history, while making way for the new!
- A Cloud Guru: By the end of this course, you will feel comfortable working with a large variety of networking tools and configurations to manage complex Linux networking implementations.
- Google Photos is so 2020—welcome to the world of self-hosted photo management | Ars Technica — Alex's comprehensive write-up for Ars.
- rclone Google Photos — The rclone backend for Google Photos is a specialized backend for transferring photos and videos to and from Google Photos.
- Launch keyboard — The Launch Configurable Keyboard is engineered to be comfortable, fully customizable, and make your workflow more efficient.
- Updated storage policy for Google Photos
- Plans & Pricing - Google One
- Install Google Photos Sync on Linux with a Snap
- How To Backup Google Photos To Your Computer With gphotos-sync
- Google Photos Sync — Google Photos Sync downloads your Google Photos to the local file system. It will backup all the photos the user uploaded to Google Photos, but also the album information and additional Google Photos 'Creations' (animations, panoramas, movies, effects and collages).
- Sync Google Photos to your Linux Desktop
- Photonix Photo Manager — Photonix is a photo management application that streamlines the process of storing, presenting and re-discovering photos.
- Photonix Demo
- LibrePhotos — A self-hosted open source photo management service.
- PhotoStructure — Self-hosted, easy to install, and effortless to run. PhotoStructure is your cloud that runs on your computer. Your data stays yours.
- Chevereto — Get your own turnkey image hosting system today. Start your own image sharing website with your own rules.
- Lychee — Self-hosted photo-management done right.
- PhotoPrism — PhotoPrism is a privately hosted app for browsing, organizing, and sharing your photo collection. It makes use of the latest technologies to tag and find pictures automatically without getting in your way.
- Piwigo — Piwigo is open source photo gallery software for the web. Designed for organisations, teams and individuals.
- FileRun File Manager — Self-Hosted File Sync and Sharing.
- exiftool - bulk join json with jpg from Google Takeout
- How To Correctly Export And Migrate Away From Google Photos
- FakeSlice — Discharge USB-C Power Banks before internal battery on newer ThinkPads.
- FOSS Talk Live — FOSS Talk Live 2021 is happening on 12th June at 7pm UK time!
- JB Telegram
- The Seasoned Tux Tee is on Sale
ai, batteries, chevereto, cloud, darktable, ev, exif, face recognition, filerun, foss, google photos, google takeout, gphotos-sync, insync, jupiter broadcasting, keyboards, launch keyboard, lenovo, librephotos, lightroom, linux podcast, linux unplugged, lithium-ion, lvfs, lychee, machine learning, mechanical keyboards, open firmware, open hardware, photo search, photography, photonix, photoprism, photostructure, piwigo, pop!_os, rclone, rust, self-hosted, system76, tags, thinkpad, tlp, x1 carbon