OFH 016: Sats Over Snake Oil¶
- Air Date: 2022-11-11
- Duration: 74 mins 59 secs
About this episode¶
Why LBRY was never going to win, and how they have just screwed all crypto. And a new feature in the works for our listeners by our listeners.
- Linode: Get $100 to check out a rocking Linode system, and support the show!
- Join the Party! The Jupiter Membership Party: Join the party and get exclusive content.
- Podverse on Twitter — Podverse v4.6.12 Beta is ready for testing! #FOSS #OpenSource
- Fountain on Twitter — Fountain 0.5.5 is now available on iOS and Android. The update contains several audio playback bug fixes which address your feedback over the last couple of weeks.
- Judge rules LBRY video platform’s token is a security in case brought by the US SEC — “No reasonable trier of fact could reject the SEC’s contention that LBRY offered LBC as a security, and LBRY does not have a triable defense that it lacked fair notice.”
- LBRY 🚀 on Twitter — We lost. Sorry everyone.
- SEC vs LBRY Summary Judgement Ruling (We Lost)
- GitHub - ggerganov/whisper.cpp: Port of OpenAI's Whisper model in C/C++ — High-performance inference of OpenAI's Whisper automatic speech recognition (ASR) model.
- \jupiter-search — Showcase for indexing jupiter network podcasts using meilisearch.
- Transcriptions · Issue #301 — Over the weekend I've added vad splitting and instructions on how to run the inference. I've also created couple of issues in the repository if someone wants to help.
- Snipd — Discover and save highlights in podcasts
- Mere Mortals Podcast — Philosophy in the park, deep conversations with a light-hearted touch. Stay tuned for dives into cryptocurrencies, fitness, goal setting, fun hypotheticals and whatever captures our attention. 2 to 3 uploads every week!
- Send a Boost into the Show — Upgrade to a Podcasting 2.0 compatible app, and send a boost into the show.
altcoins, chrislas, coffee in that nebula, crypto crash, fountain.fm, jupiter broadcasting, jupiter-search, lbc, lbry, lighting, mere mortals, office hours, openai, opml, p2p, peertube, podcasting 2.0, podverse, sec, shitcoins, snipd, speech recognition, transcription, whisper