LUP 445: Brent's Betrayal¶
- Air Date: 2022-02-13
- Duration: 53 mins 47 secs
About this episode¶
Linux is the master of small computers, and this week it’s going to the next level. We chat with the creator of the $15 Linux box and share some significant updates for the Raspberry Pi.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Raspberry Pi Locator — It's a website to track Raspberry Pi 4 model B, Compute Module 4, Pi Zero 2 W, and Pico availability across multiple retailers in different countries.
- It’s dire: Raspberry Pi availability tracker is launched
- Ubuntu Unity Remix on Twitter — A new Raspberry Pi testing image is now available for Ubuntu Unity 22.04 “Jammy Jellyfish”.
- No PC Needed: How to Install Raspberry Pi OS Over the Internet — A new version of the Raspberry Pi bootloader, which is now available in beta, allows you to download and write the OS onto a microSD card, using the BIOS and an Ethernet connection.
- Raspberry Pi OS Finally Going 64bit 🔥 — For those curious, here are some benchmarks looking at the performance improvement by switching from Raspberry Pi OS 32-bit to 64-bit.
- Self-Hosted 3: Home Network Under $200 — How far can you get with a Raspberry Pi 4? We go all in and find out.
- Self-Hosted 38: Crouching Pi, Hidden Server — Alex shocks Chris with his latest project, then lays down some quick-fire picks.
- A Minimum Viable Computer, or Linux for $15 — This is a ‘Linux Swiss Army Knife’, offering maximum utility while still being able to fit in your pocket. Is it fast? No. Can it run a GUI? Also no. But it can run scripts, ping a server, toggle a few GPIOs, and interact with a USB device. This is a minimum viable computer.
- LINUX Unplugged Mumble
- RPMLauncher — A better Minecraft Launcher that supports multiple platforms and many functionalities for you to explore!
- RPMLauncher on Flathub
32bit, 64bit, arch, brian benchoff, canonical, carrier board, confession pi time, fedora, flatpak, flutter, gtk, jupiter broadcasting, linux desktop, linux podcast, linux unplugged, minecraft, minimum viable computer, netboot, network booting, pi 4, pi 400, pi compute module, raspberry pi, raspberry pi imager, rpilocator, rpmlauncher, sata, snap packages, ubuntu, ubuntu 22.04, unity remix, usb