SSH 073: 100 Days of HomeLab¶
- Air Date: 2022-06-17
- Duration: 49 mins 1 secs
About this episode¶
A special episode today as TechnoTim joins Alex to discuss everything Kubernetes and HomeLab. The #100DaysOfHomeLab initiative from Tim is just getting started, find out what it’s all about in today's episode.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Self-Hosted Discord
- London Meetup
- TechnoTim on YouTube
- Join the 100 days of HomeLab Challenge — #100DaysOfHomeLab is a challenge to improve your IT skills.
- The HomeLab Challenge Video — This challenge is meant to accelerate your knowledge in servers, networking, infrastructure, automation, storage, containerization, orchestration, virtualization, Windows, Linux, and more!
- 12factor.net — Introduction In the modern era, software is commonly delivered as a service: called web apps, or software-as-a-service. The twelve-factor app is a methodology for building software-as-a-service apps that: Use declarative formats for setup automation, to minimize time and cost for new developers joining the project; Have a clean contract with the underlying operating system, offering maximum portability between execution environments; Are suitable for deployment on modern cloud platforms, obviating the need for servers and systems administration; Minimize divergence between development and production, enabling continuous deployment for maximum agility; And can scale up without significant changes to tooling, architecture, or development practices. The twelve-factor methodology can be applied to apps written in any programming language, and which use any combination of backing services (database, queue, memory cache, etc).
- Flux — Flux is a set of continuous and progressive delivery solutions for Kubernetes that are open and extensible.
- k8s-at-home — Awesome projects involving running Kubernetes at home.
- Jupiter Broadcasting Peertube
argocd, awesome-home-kubernetes, ceph, cicd, containers, cybersecurity, docker, e-ink, flux, gitops, homelab, k8s, k8s-at-home, kubernetes, linux, longhorn, nfs, orange pi, pi, raspberry pi, rook, security, self-hosting, storage, technotim, wifi, youtube