CR 407: Halls of Glowing Apples¶
- Air Date: 2021-03-31
- Duration: 55 mins 35 secs
About this episode¶
Ruby has gone off the rails this week, and Wes is here to explain what’s happened.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Datadog: Try Datadog free by starting a your 14-day trial and receive a free t-shirt once you install the agent.
- A Cloud Guru: A Cloud Guru now includes Cloud Playground. Azure, AWS, or GCP Sandboxes at your fingertips.
- Sacrificing acts of heroism, big and small - YouTube
- Ruby off the Rails — On Wednesday, Bastien Nocera, the maintainer of a software library called shared-mime-info, informed Daniel Mendler, maintainer of a Ruby library called mimemagic, which incorporates Nocera's code, that he was shipping mimemagic under an incompatible software license.
- Announcing the Deno Company — Deno is our attempt to breathe new life into this ecosystem.
- Deno Deploy
- Chip shortage could benefit Apple with better component pricing — The global chip shortage will become a problem for devices like iPhones and Macs requiring chips for storage, but Wedbush believes it could be beneficial to Apple and its suppliers by improving the pricing of components.
.net, bastien nocera, bert belder, chip shortage, clojure, coder radio, deno, development podcast, gnome 40, gplv2, java, jupiter broadcasting, linux, m1, mime types database, mimemagic, mit license, node.js, ruby on rails, rubygems, ryan dahl, shared-mime-info, supply chain, web development