LUP 498: Rolling Papercuts¶
- Air Date: 2023-02-19
- Duration: 63 mins 53 secs
About this episode¶
Sometimes running the latest and greatest means you have to pave your own path. This week two examples from living on the edge.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- LUP 500 Micro Brewery Meetup, Sat, Mar 4, 2023, 4:00 PM — Come celebrate episode 500 with some brews the night before!
- BorgBase — Hosting for Borg and Restic Repositories
- Vorta for BorgBackup — Vorta is a backup client for macOS and Linux desktops.
- BorgBackup — Deduplicating archiver with compression and authenticated encryption
- Why should I switch from Restic to Borg? - r/BorgBackup
- Moonlight Game Streaming — Play Your PC Games Remotely
- LizardByte/Sunshine — Sunshine is a Gamestream host for Moonlight.
- Sunshine documentation
- KRDC — KRDC is a client application that allows you to view or even control the desktop session on another machine that is running a compatible server. VNC and RDP is supported.
- Krfb — Krfb Desktop Sharing is a server application that allows you to share your current session with a user on another machine, who can use a VNC client to view or even control the desktop.
- Hook up keyevents on Wayland (!44) Krfb · GitLab
- wayvnc — A VNC server for wlroots based Wayland compositors
- Waypipe — waypipe is a proxy for Wayland clients. It forwards Wayland messages and serializes changes to shared memory buffers over a single socket. This makes application forwarding similar to ssh -X feasible.
- TeamViewer Support on Wayland - Experimental State
- Add a InputCapture portal by whot · Pull Request #714 · flatpak/xdg-desktop-portal
- PiKVM — Open and inexpensive DIY IP-KVM on Raspberry Pi
- Podcasting 2.0 Apps
- weihanglo/sfz — A simple static file serving command-line tool written in Rust.
- sfz is packaged in nix
backups, borg, borgbackup, btrbk, btrfs, copy-on-write, deduplication, flatpak, gamestreaming, gnome, jupiter broadcasting, krdc, krfb, lenovo, linux podcast, linux unplugged, moonlight, nomachine, nvidia, pikvm, plasma, rdp, remote desktop, rsnapshot, rsync, rust, rustdesk, send/receive, sfz, simple file server, snapshots, ssh, static file server, steam deck, sunshine, teamviewer, video acceleration, vnc, vorta, wayland, waypipe, wayvnc, wifi, wlroots, xfce, zfs, zoom