LAN 076: Linux Action News 76¶
- Air Date: 2018-10-21
- Duration: 31 mins 5 secs
About this episode¶
The Cosmic Cuttlefish is out, and we share our quick take. Juno finally lands and this one sets the bar, MongoDB gets hip to the license changes, and watch out Linux... Here come the pros!
- Ubuntu 18.10 released — Ubuntu 18.10 introduces the GNOME 3.30 desktop and Yaru, the new community-developed default theme.
- More Ubuntu statistics published — This report is generated from basic, non-identifiable system data that was provided by users when installing Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
- elementary OS 5.0 Juno released — Juno is such an incredible release, and it’s here thanks to all of our supporters.
- MongoDB makes change to license — The SSPL explicitly states that anybody who wants to offer MongoDB as a service — or really any other software that uses this license — needs to either get a commercial license or open source the service to give back the community.
- Google changes Android licensing policy in Europe — Ad giant to charge for key applications amid license shakeup and antitrust fine
- CoC Committee Added Plus Interpretation & Mediator — It turns out Greg KH was working in private with various kernel maintainers/developers on addressing their feedback and trying to come up with solutions to the contentious issues in private.