CR 435: Ask Alice¶
- Air Date: 2021-10-13
- Duration: 59 mins 15 secs
About this episode¶
Mike just launched the secret project he's been working on for months and shares all the details.
- A Cloud Guru: The Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer Certification (PCEP) is a great place to start when getting Python certified.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Datadog: Try Datadog free by starting a your 14-day trial and receive a free t-shirt once you install the agent.
- Michael Dominick on Twitter — "Excited to share Alice from @TheMadBotterINC. She's an #automation #nocode tool that understands all kinds of different data formats and can help your business run more efficiently. Think of her as a Rosetta Stone for data! Got a problem? #AskAlice
- Apple is appealing the Epic Games ruling it originally called a ‘resounding victory’ — Apple has filed for an appeal of the ruling in its major trial against Epic. While Apple largely won that case (the company went so far as to call the ruling a “resounding victory”) with Judge Gonzalez Rogers ruling in favor of Apple in nine of the ten claims Epic brought against the company, it did lose in one important way: the judge found that Apple violated California’s anti-steering rules, and demanded that Apple let developers link to outside payment systems. That policy would have taken over in December, but it may be pushed out beyond that — and it seems that’s the point.
- Justice Department Makes Quiet Push on Antitrust Enforcement
- Understanding all of Python, through its builtins — Python as a language is comparatively simple. And I believe, that you can learn quite a lot about Python and its features, just by learning what all of its builtins are, and what they do.
- Alice - Mike's new project! — The AI Bot Designed to make your business more efficient.
- PyO3 — Rust bindings for Python, including tools for creating native Python extension modules. Running and interacting with Python code from a Rust binary is also supported.
- Michael Dominick on Twitter — "Does anyone know of a way to get @TwitterSupport / @Twitter to review a site and relive that it shouldn’t be blacklisted? Kind of need this resolved for Monday"
- Twitch Streamer Earnings Increase for Top Gamers, Data From Hack Shows — The streaming platform, best known for its videogame streamers, has paid out $889 million so far this year through September, up from $517 million over the same period in 2020.
ai bot, alice, anti-steering, apple apeals epic, asahi linux, ask alice, asyncio, automation, c++, coder radio, data formats, development podcast, fastapi, learning python, m1 linux support, open podcasting, pyo3, rosetta stone, rust, twitch data leak, understanding python, universal data fluency, websockets