LUP 395: The Waybig Machine¶
- Air Date: 2021-03-02
- Duration: 48 mins 32 secs
About this episode¶
It's our worst idea yet. We share the password to our brand-new server and see who can own the box first. Whoever wins gets a special prize.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- tsukae — Show off your most used shell commands
- GNOME Shell X11Gestures Wxtension — Enable GNOME Shell multi-touch gestures on X11 with this extension.
- TouchEgg — Touchégg is an app that runs in the background and transform the gestures you make on your touchpad or touchscreen into visible actions in your desktop.
- Apple Touch Bar Linux Driver Hopes For Upstream In 2021 — Sent out on Saturday by independent developer Ronald Tschalär was the latest reverse-engineered, open-source driver code that gets the Touch Bar and ALS support working for MacBook Pro 13, / 14, / 15,* models.
- Internet Archive Infrastructure — Jonah Edwards breaks down how the Internet Archive works, behind the scenes.
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- liamg/traitor — Automatic Linux privesc via exploitation of low-hanging fruit e.g. gtfobins.
- Don't expose the Docker socket (not even to a container) — Docker primarily works as a client that communicates with a daemon process (dockerd). Typically that socket is a UNIX domain socket called /var/run/docker.sock. That daemon is highly privileged; effectively having root access. Any process that can write to the dockerd socket also effectively has root access.
- Feedback: Minecraft Bedrock Bridge
- GeyserMC — Enable clients from Minecraft Bedrock Edition to join your Minecraft Java server.
- Feedback: Audio Hardware
- Feedback: Episode 394
- Feedback: Arch Discussion
apple, apple light sensor, apple magic trackpad, arch, archive.org, audio, bash, capture the flag, command line, ctf, cve, debian, docker, fedora, fish, geysermc, gnome, gnome 40, gnome shell, go, hacker games, internet archive, jonah edwards, jupiter broadcasting, linux audio, linux podcast, minecraft, multi-touch, ronald tschalar, security, terminal, touch bar, touch gestures, touche, touchegg, traitor, tsukae, unplugged, wayback machine, wayland, x11, zsh