LAN 154: Linux Action News 154¶
- Air Date: 2020-09-13
- Duration: 27 mins 31 secs
About this episode¶
Our hands-on review of Android 11, and our thoughts on the possible consequences of Nvidia buying Arm Holdings for $40bn.
- Google starts uploading the Android 11 source code to AOSP — Google has officially released the stable version of Android 11 for its range of Pixel smartphones going back to the Pixel 2.
- Android 11 Update Tracker
- Here are all the hidden changes in Android 11
- Google announces Android 11 Go Edition with support for 2GB RAM devices
- SoftBank set to sell UK’s Arm Holdings to Nvidia — SoftBank is set to sell the UK’s Arm Holdings to US chip company Nvidia for more than $40bn
- Introducing the Promoted Add-ons Pilot — This pilot program, which will run between the end of September and the end of November 2020, aims to expand the number of add-ons we can review and verify as compliant with Mozilla policies,
- Access Linux filesystems in Windows and WSL 2 — WSL 2 will be offering a new feature: wsl --mount. This new parameter allows a physical disk to be attached and mounted inside WSL 2,
- WSL Mount Limits
- Ubuntu 20.10 Adding Active Directory Support To The Installer — The "Ubiquity" installer used by the Ubuntu desktop is set to feature Active Directory (AD) integration with the upcoming Ubuntu 20.10 release.
active directory, android 11 go edition, android 11 release date, android 11 review, aosp, apple, arm holdings, firefox add-ons, intel, iot, jupiter broadcasting, linux action news, linux filesystems from windows, linux news podcast, mozilla, nvidia, paid firefox add-ons, pixel 3, promoted add-ons, softbank, ubuntu 20.10, weekly linux news, wsl 2