LAN 289: Linux Action News 289¶
- Air Date: 2023-04-20
- Duration: 15 mins 49 secs
About this episode¶
What we like about Fedora 38, why the Rust foundation is in hot water, and more.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Kolide: Kolide can help you nail third-party audits and internal compliance goals with endpoint security for your entire fleet.
- Announcing Fedora Linux 38 — The Fedora Linux 38 release is here! With this release, we’re starting a new on-time streak. In fact, we’re ready a week early!
- What’s new in Fedora Workstation 38
- Rust Foundation apologizes for trademark policy confusion — The Rust Foundation on Monday apologized for confusion caused by the organization's proposed trademark policy changes.
- A note on the Trademark Policy Draft
- Rust Foundation - Rust Trademark Policy Draft Revision
- Canonical Livepatch gets even better — Now supporting Hardware Enablement Kernels.
- Proton 8.0-1 Published With More Game Support — Proton 8.0-1 is the much awaited re-base of Proton against the Wine 8.0 state
- Pierre-Loup Griffais on Twitter — “Proton 8.0 is now available with many changes. Our biggest rebase to date! Note: it requires a GPU with Vulkan 1.3 support. Experimental-8.0 will follow sometime this week.
- LFNW Call for Papers — We invite you to submit your proposal to speak at LFNW2023! We're seeking both experienced technical presenters, as well as first-timers to present to a hybrid audience.
- LinuxFest Northwest 2023
- In letter to EU, open source bodies say Cyber Resilience Act could have ‘chilling effect’ on software development — Penalties for non-compliance may include fines of up to €15 million, or 2.5% of global turnover.
- Cyber Resilience Act
arm 64, asahi, budgie, chilling effect, cra, cyber resilience act, dead space, dnf5, docker hub, dxvk, eu, europe, fedora 38, fedora workstation, flathub, game compatibility, github, gnome 44, kde, legislation, lfnw, linux 6.2, linux action news, linux desktop, linux foundation, linux gaming, linux news podcast, mesa 23, non-commercial, open-source, osi, pierre-loup griffais, plasma 5.27, posh, proton 8.0, rust, rust foundation, rust project, software development, sway, trademarks, unfiltered flathub, valve, vulkan 1.3, wine