SSH 067: The No Container Theory¶
- Air Date: 2022-03-25
- Duration: 48 mins 27 secs
About this episode¶
Why Chris is moving away from using Containers, Alex's new project, and some great follow-up.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Jupiter Broadcasting East Coast Meetup — Let's hang out at the park across the street from Prime BBQ.
- Speed boost achievement unlocked on Docker Desktop — . During testing with our amazing macOS community of users, we have observed that these changes have reduced the time taken to complete filesystem operations by up to 98%.
- [Docker Desktop] Improve Mac File system performance
- Hector Martin on Twitter — Well, this is unfortunate. It turns out Apple's custom NVMe drives are amazingly fast - if you don't care about data integrity. If you do, they drop down to HDD performance. Thread.
- Upgrading from Paperless-NG to Paperless-NGX — As of February 2022, the paperless-ng community created a new fork to continue development due to the inactivity on the original repo 1. This has means new docker images, new configs, etc.
- Announcing first release of Paperless-ngx, the community-supported successor to Paperless-ng
- paperless-ngx — Paperless-ngx is a document management system that transforms your physical documents into a searchable online archive so you can keep, well, less paper.
- Ansible Role: paperless-ng
- Matter’s delay means you’ll have to wait longer — And some current Thread products won’t be part of the new standard
- MQTT Explained + MQTT Home Assistant and Node-RED integration
- node-red-contrib-ha-mqtt (node) - Node-RED
- Argon EON: 4-Bay Network Storage powered by Raspberry Pi 4 — Argon EON, a 4 - Bay SATA NAS Enclosure, powered by the most versatile single board computer. By the very nature and essence of the Raspberry Pi the Argon EON is a Build Your Own Network Attached Storage (BYO-NAS).
- fEVR -frigate Event Video Recorder — fEVR works along side of frigate and home assistant to collect video and snapshots of objects detected using your existing camera systems.
ansible, asahi linux, beardedtek, docker, docker desktop, esphome, f_fullsync, fevr, frigate, fsync, jupiter broadcasting, m1, matter delayed, mqtt, nix home assistant, nixos, node-red, paperless-ngx, self-hosted, self-hosting podcast, zwavejs2mqtt