CR 432: That Time We Stepped In It¶
- Air Date: 2021-09-22
- Duration: 50 mins 26 secs
About this episode¶
We’ve really had a week, one of those makes ya feel old kinda weeks.
- A Cloud Guru: A Cloud Guru now includes Cloud Playground. Azure, AWS, or GCP Sandboxes at your fingertips.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Datadog: Try Datadog free by starting a your 14-day trial and receive a free t-shirt once you install the agent.
- Companies may not want to hire in Colorado due to labor law — A 9Wants to Know investigation found at least 10 companies may be avoiding hiring Coloradans to get around a new labor law.
- Colorado Revises Guidance on Job Posting Requirements
- Apple Releases iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 — A new Focus mode cuts down on distractions by limiting what's accessible and who can contact you, and notifications can now be grouped up in daily summaries.
- iOS and iPadOS 15: The MacStories Review - Section on Focus — What stood out to me when I started playing around with Apple’s presets for Focus (which include the basic Do Not Disturb, Driving, and Sleep, plus templates for Fitness, Gaming, and Reading) is the number of personalization options that were previously hard to find or not available at all with the classic Do Not Disturb.
- Singularity – Microsoft’s Experimental OS — These are the type of questions that the Microsoft Research team was trying to answer around 18 years ago and it was then when they came up with a pretty cool name for their new OS — Singularity.
- singularity GitHub — Clone of the MSR Singularity Project
- PDF: An Overview of the Singularity Project — “what would a software platform look like if it was designed from scratch with the primary goal of dependability?”
- As A Solo Developer, I Decided To Offer Phone Support, And This Is What Happened — As a matter of fact, when it comes to large problems, offering phone support enables you to understand that inconveniences that occur when the app’s behaviors and messages are hard to understand are more frequent than bugs in the programming (when bugs crash the application, it’s easy to identify them through the log, and no reports are made with a phone call).
apple slack, coder radio, colorado, development podcast, equal pay for equal work act, experimental os, fair pay, focus, ios 15, live text, microsoft, phone support, safe programming language, singularity