LUP 373: Your New Tools¶
- Air Date: 2020-09-29
- Duration: 65 mins 3 secs
About this episode¶
We embrace new tools to upgrade your backup game, securely move files around the network, and debunk the idea that Windows will ever be based on Linux.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- A Cloud Guru: Hundreds of courses, thousands of hands-on labs.
- 20 Million Downloads from the LVFS — Technical Blog of Richard Hughes
- Xen Project officially ports its hypervisor to Raspberry Pi 4 • The Register
- Lenovo Expands Its Range of Ubuntu Laptops - OMG! Ubuntu!
- WSLG Overview
- WSLG Slide Deck
- X.Org Developers Conference 2020 (16-18 September 2020): X11 and Wayland applications in WSL
- XDC 2020 - Day 1 - September 16, 2020 - YouTube (link with timecode)
- What’s new in the Windows Subsystem for Linux - September 2020 | Windows Command Line
- Support Wayland protocol to allow GUI apps to work. · Issue #938 · microsoft/WSL
- Announcing the release of Fedora 33 Beta - Fedora Magazine
- Phoronix Fedora 33 Beta coverage
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- Deploying Btrfs at Facebook Scale - Josef Bacik, Facebook
- ZFS Send and Receive
- zrepl — One-stop ZFS backup & replication solution.
- sanoid — Policy-driven snapshot management and replication tools.
- btrbk — Tool for creating snapshots and remote backups of btrfs subvolumes.
- Fruit Images Dataset
- Feedback: MS to Ditch Windows for Linux?
- Windows to become emulation layer atop Linux kernel, predicts Eric Raymond
- Last phase of the desktop wars?
- Feedback: Todo Apps — I'd love to hear more about todo apps, is that something you've covered before on self-hosted or LUP?
- Todo.txt — Future-proof task tracking in a file you control
backup, btrfs, compression, copy-on-write, cow, dell, encryption, fedora, fedora 33, jupiter broadcasting, lenovo, linux podcast, linux vendor firmware service, lvfs, microsoft, raspberry pi 4, replication, richard hughes, rsync, send and receive, thinkpad, thunderbolt 4, unplugged, wayland, weston, windows, wsl, wslg, x11, xen, xps 13, zfs