LUP 419: What's Cookin' at System76¶
- Air Date: 2021-08-17
- Duration: 70 mins 31 secs
About this episode¶
Live from Denver, we chat with old friends and new. We get the inside scope on what has been going on at System76, and what's coming up next.
- Chris Fisher
- Wes Payne
- Aaron Honeycutt
- Alex Kretzschmar
- Brent Gervais
- Carl Richell
- Cassidy James Blaede
- Ian Santopietro
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- A Cloud Guru: By the end of this course, you will feel comfortable working with a large variety of networking tools and configurations to manage complex Linux networking implementations.
- Gadgetbridge for android — Gadgetbridge is an Android (4.4+) application which will allow you to use your Pebble, Mi Band, Amazfit Bip and HPlus device (and more) without the vendor's closed source application and without the need to create an account and transmit any of your data to the vendor's servers.
- tldr: Collaborative cheatsheets for console commands — The tldr-pages project is a collection of community-maintained help pages for command-line tools, that aims to be a simpler, more approachable complement to traditional man pages.
- Energy Management in Home Assistant — Today’s release of Home Assistant Core 2021.8 contains a new energy dashboard. The goal is to make it super easy for users to get insight into their energy usage.
- Death of man pages? — "I'm seeing a sad pattern lately. Software for Linux is being distributed for Linux as containers such as flatpaks, appimages, etc. or as straight binaries but the documentation that come with these formats in very limited or non-existent. I've also not seen any applications distributed this way contain man pages."
- Jupiter Broadcasting Garage Sale Stickers
documentation, jupiter broadcasting, launch keyboard, linux podcast, linux unplugged, man pages, pebble, pebble watch, pine64, pinetime, rust, system76, thelio, tldr