LUP 320: RHELhide¶
- Air Date: 2019-09-24
- Duration: 67 mins 49 secs
About this episode¶
CentOS goes rolling and announces version 8. Find out why we're excited to take a dip in this stream.
- Ubuntu Touch on the Pinebook
- CentOS 8.1905 — Hello and welcome to the first CentOS-8 release. The CentOS Linux distribution is a stable, predictable, manageable and reproducible platform derived from the sources of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- CentOS Stream — CentOS Stream will be a rolling-release Linux distro that exists as a midstream between the upstream development in Fedora Linux and the downstream development for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). It is a cleared-path to contributing into future minor releases of RHEL while interacting with Red Hat and other open source developers. This pairs nicely with the existing contribution path in Fedora for future major releases of RHEL.
- Transforming the development experience within CentOS — The CentOS Stream project sits between the Fedora Project and RHEL in the RHEL Development process, providing a "rolling preview" of future RHEL kernels and features. This enables developers to stay one or two steps ahead of what’s coming in RHEL, which was not previously possible with traditional CentOS releases
- Reinventing Home Directories — The concept of home directories on Linux/UNIX has little changed in the last 39 years. It's time to have a closer look, and bring them up to today's standards, regarding encryption, storage, authentication, user records, and more.
- Twitch Becomes Premiere Sponsor of the OBS Project | OBS — We are excited to announce that Twitch is now officially sponsoring my work on the OBS Project! Since 2012 we've maintained a great relationship with Twitch and their engineers. They've always been good to us, and we've always helped each other whenever needed. Twitch has always been one of the biggest supporters of our project, and now it's official.
- Free Courses at Linux Academy — On September 17th Linux Torvald first released the Linux Operating System Kernel on September 17th, 1991 so we are celebrating by offering free training for you to increase your Linux Skills.
- Texas Cyber Summit — October 10th to the 12th in San Antonio Texas.
- Unofficial Hacker Family Dinner & Unbirthday Party | Meetup — Join Chris, Wes, Chz and Ell for a meet and greet with fellow Texas Cyber Summit attendees and a belated celebration of Ell and Allie's Birthdays! There will be good food, good friends, and we hope some good conversation.
- System76 Adder Workstation — For content creators, researchers, and gamers.
- Adder WS Quickstart Guide
- Sys76addws-memspeed Benchmarks
- Sys76AdderWS-fio Benchmarks
- Sys76AdderWS-graphics-magick Benchmarks
- Clevo PB50RC-G
- Starship Is A Minimal And Fast Shell Prompt Written In Rust - Linux Uprising Blog
- Starship — The cross-shell prompt for astronauts
adder ws, centos 8, centos stream, encryption, jupiter broadcasting, laptops, lennart poettering, linux, linux laptops, linux podcast, luks, nvidia, obs, openbenchmark, pinebook, red hat, rhel, rust, starship, system76, systemd, systemd-homed, twitch, ubuntu touch, unplugged