LAN 206: Linux Action News 206¶
- Air Date: 2021-09-12
- Duration: 23 mins 13 secs
About this episode¶
Linus Torvalds attempts to get kernel developers to clean up their code, the performance regression that almost shipped, and the major production struggle Red Hat acknowledged this week.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Ting: Save $25 off your first device, or $25 in service credit if you bring one!
- 5.15 Merge window — 3,440 non-merge changesets have been pulled into the mainline repository for the 5.15 development cycle.
- Amazon’s DAMON Merged Into Linux 5.15
- Linux 5.15 Hit By Some Early Performance Regressions
- AMD Posts New “AMD-PSTATE” CPUFreq Driver — Leveraging CPPC For Better Perf-Per-Watt
- Linux 5.15 Readies More Code For Compile & Run-Time Detection Of Buffer Overflows
- AMD Finally Releases Overdue Linux CPPC Driver
- OverlayFS On Linux 5.15 Improves Performance
- Linux 5.15’s New “-Werror” Behavior Is Causing A Lot Of Pain — That compiler flag addition makes all warnings be treated as errors, which in turn stops the kernel build.
- Re: [GIT PULL] ntfs3: new NTFS driver for 5.15 - Linus Torvalds
- Red Hat will officially support EPEL in the future — The new team is being formed and is expected to start work in October.
- History and Philosophy of EPEL - Fedora Project Wiki
- Microsoft Releases Its August Update For The CBL-Mariner Linux Distribution — One of the big fundamental changes with CBL-Mariner August 2021 is Microsoft now provides a public ISO to download of this Linux distribution.
- CBL-Mariner: Linux OS for Azure 1P services and edge appliances
almalinux, amazon, amd, azure sphere os, block i/o, cbl-mariner, centos stream, cgroups, clang, cockpit, commit messages, community platform engineering group, compile_test, concurrency, control groups, cpu scheduling, epel, facebook, fedora, filesystems, gcc, git, github, google, hardware support, idle, intel kernel bot, ksmb, linus torvalds, linux 5.10, linux 5.15, linux action news, linux action news promise, linux news podcast, llvm, locking, memcg accounting, microsoft, news, ntfs, openshot, paragon, performance regression, preemption, realtime, red hat, rhel, rocky linux, rpm, rt, rtlinux, sonic, source control, tts, version control, werror, wslg