SSH 094: Full Power¶
- Air Date: 2023-04-07
- Duration: 56 mins 46 secs
About this episode¶
Chris integrates full home power monitoring into Home Assistant, while Alex tames the AI and rushes to replace Dark Sky.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetups — Two meetups in April!
- KTZ Systems - YouTube — Creating videos and tutorials about Self-hosting, Homelabs, Networking, Linux, Containers, Home Automation and much more...
- WAAS: Whisper as a Service — GUI and API for OpenAI Whisper
- web-whisper — A light user interface for OpenAI's Whisper right into your browser!
- Features - web-whisper + openAI API — Web-whisper allows you to add an OpenAI token and make use of the OpenAI API as backend, this brings some advantages as well as some concerns.
- Victron GX modbusTCP integration — This integration scans for all available registers of a provided GX device. It then uses the defined register ledgers to create entities for each and every register that is provided by the GX device.
- Modbus TCP/IP Protocol Overview — The most common use of the protocols at this time is for Ethernet attachment of PLCs, I/O modules and gateways to other simple field buses or I/O networks.
- Energy Management in Home Assistant — Home Assistant is adding official support for home energy management. Our energy management will help users monitor the energy usage, transition to sustainable energy and save money.
- Automation to Restart ModBus TCP Connection to Victron — So i think that this addon does not detect connection-disconnects and does nor reconnect automatically?
- Let the credits next episode roll. — By default, the results of all your local credit detection efforts are anonymously submitted to our new service, so if you ever need to do a rebuild or install, the results are available in seconds instead of burning hours of CPU time recomputing them.
- Pirate Weather — Weather forecasts are primarily found using models run by government agencies, but the outputs aren't easy to use or in formats built for the web. To try to address this, I've put together a service that reads weather forecasts and serves it following the Dark Sky API style.
- TomsDad's Obsidian Daily note taking scripts
- Alby: Boost from the Web — Alby brings Boosts to the web.
- Self-Hosted on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost into the show via the web. First, top-up Alby, then head over to our entry on the Podcast Index.
ansible, chatgpt-ui, cpp, energy management in home assistant, jellyfin, jellyseer, jupiter broadcasting, modbus, nextdns, obsidian, plex credits skip, self-hosting podcast, stacking ws, victron home assistant integration, vpn, waas, web-whisper