CR 515: Codeium Comes for Copilot¶
- Air Date: 2023-04-26
- Duration: 56 mins 4 secs
About this episode¶
We have a laugh at Elon's alt account, why the knives are out for GitHub Co-pilot, and our thoughts on Apple's "major victory" this week.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- Olympia Linux Spring Meetup , Sat, Apr 29 — Let's get together at a local hidden gem, the Boston Harbor Marina. A classic location, with a covered deck on the water with a snack shack, and easy parking.
- The Serfs on Twitter — Elon Musk has allegedly revealed a secret alt account where he pretends to be a child version of himself posting a lot of bizarre sexual content
- Shashank Joshi on Twitter — “FTX was a preoccupation for the [Elon Musk burner account] @ErmnMusk account, which interacted with conspiracy theories—one saying that FTX was a middle party to laundering funds through Ukraine for U.S. Democrats”
- mousedownmike follows up on a series of topics! — ChatGPT summary and entire email with full context.
- Apple’s App Store can stay closed, but developers can link to outside payments, says appeals cour — Apple’s closed App Store and security restrictions didn’t violate antitrust law but that Apple couldn’t maintain anti-steering rules that prevent users from learning about alternate payment options.
- Apple declares victory after decision reached in Epic Games appeal — The decision signals that Apple’s control over the App Store and the fees it charges likely won’t significantly change as a result of an ongoing legal challenge by Epic Games.
- GitHub Copilot Emits GPL. Codeium Does Not — TL;DR GitHub Copilot trains on GPL code and its nonpermissive filters don’t actually work, while we at Codeium have removed GPL licensed code from our training data, guaranteeing peace of mind to our users.
- Immersed — Spawn up to 5 virtual monitors from your computer into VR without any additional hardware!
- Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Alby brings Boosts to the web.
- Coder Radio on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost into the show via the web. First, top-up Alby, then head over to our entry on the Podcast Index.
adapters, antitrust lawsuit, app store, apple, apple vr headset, aws, aws codebuild, aws lambda, boosts, california governor, cloud exodus, cloud-native, codeium, coder radio, compute, cost, customers, database lock-in, development podcast, dynamo database, efficiency, elon's alt account, engineers, epic games, fitness, funding goals, github copilot, github issues, gpl, lambda functions, layoffs, lift and shift migration, media organization, microsoft, olympia meetup, operational perspective, orm tools, patterns, python 3.10, scaling, serverless, storage, tech industry layoffs, techsnap, ubuntu, vc degens, vendor lock-in, vscode