SSH 099: Lemmy at em!¶
- Air Date: 2023-06-16
- Duration: 47 mins 39 secs
About this episode¶
We dive into Lemmy, a self-hosted Reddit alternative. Plus, a couple of easy-to-deploy tools that make life better.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- Reddark — These subreddits are going dark or read-only on June 12th and after. Some already are. Click here to find out why.
- Lemmy 🐀 — A link aggregator and forum for the fediverse Lemmy is similar to sites like Reddit, Lobste.rs, or Hacker News: you subscribe to forums you're interested in, post links and discussions, then vote, and comment on them. Behind the scenes, it is very different; anyone can easily run a server, and all these servers are federated (think email), and connected to the same universe, called the Fediverse.
- Install with Docker - Lemmy Documentation — Make sure you have both docker and docker-compose
- Install with Ansible - Lemmy Documentation — Follow the instructions on the Lemmy-Ansible repo.
- Mlem — The Lemmy client for iOS.
- Jerboa — An Android client for Lemmy, a federated reddit alternative
actix, ansible, ansible install, chatgpt, chatpad ai, clean interface, cross-posting support, desktop app, diesel, dns server, docker, docker install, federated, finding communities, funding, golf sale, high performance, inferno, ios mobile client, jupiter broadcasting, lemmy, lemmy for self-hosters, license plate detection, moderation abilities, native android app, ocr, open source, progressive web app, reddark, reddit alternative, reverse proxy, router, rust, self-hostable, self-hosting communities, self-hosting nvr/dvr, self-hosting podcast, snapdrop, typescript, web app