SSH 051: Apple's Rotten Scanning¶
- Air Date: 2021-08-13
- Duration: 53 mins 6 secs
About this episode¶
We discuss the ramifications of Apple's local photo scanning announcement on your privacy, why everything seems to be a subscription these days, and a new challenge for the show.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- A Cloud Guru: Demystify the sometimes difficult and deep topic of systemd, the most widely used service management scheme in Linux today.
- CloudFree.shop: CloudFree Smart Plug – Runs Tasmota for $9. Use code SELFHOSTED and support the show. Promo Code: SELFHOSTED
- Child Safety - Apple — CSAM detection will help Apple provide valuable information to law enforcement on collections of CSAM in iCloud Photos.
- 1Password 8 will be subscription only and won’t support local vaults
- Why can we not have an explicit statement about 1Password being a subscription-only service?
- Fourteen years after launching, 1Password takes a $200M Series A
- 1Password for Mac Moving to Electron
- Bitwarden Open Source Password Manager
- vaultwarden — Unofficial Bitwarden compatible server written in Rust, formerly known as bitwarden_rs
- Adventurous Way - YouTube
- Who we are — Top Clack
- LINUX Unplugged 418: What's up with WireGuard — Big things are happening in the world of WireGuard, Jim Salter joins to catch us up.
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetup
- Local Bytes
1pasword, adblock, apple, bitwarden, brent gervais, csam, degoogle, fully kiosk browser, icloud, jupiter broadcasting, mobile internet, off-grid, pihole, raspberry pi, road tripping, rv, self-builde, self-host, self-hosting podcast, vaultwarden, wallpanel