LAN 226: Linux Action News 226¶
- Air Date: 2022-02-03
- Duration: 21 mins 50 secs
About this episode¶
System76 reveals a new tool to make Pop's desktop faster than the rest, and we break down that recent Btrfs defrag infinite loop bug.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Ting: Save $25 off your first device, or $25 in service credit if you bring one!
- system76-scheduler — Auto-configure CFS and process priorities for improved desktop responsiveness
- System76-Scheduler Is A New Pop!_OS Rust Effort To Improve Desktop Responsiveness
- Improve desktop application and game performance with system76-scheduler
- Raspberry Pi OS 64-bit — Over the past year, we’ve been trialling a beta of Raspberry Pi OS in glorious 64-bit. Now it’s time to open it up to a wider audience.
- Framework’s Series A and the Years Ahead — We’ve just raised an $18M Series A round to pull in the future of consumer electronics, with Spark Capital as our lead investor.
- Framework Laptop Now Enjoys Open-Source EC Firmware
- Docker Desktop for Linux (Tech Preview) — Docker Desktop is an easy-to-install application that enables you to build and share containerized applications and microservices
- Docker makes comeback with over $50M in ARR two years into restructuring
- SUSE unveils Rancher Desktop 1.0 for Kubernetes on your PC
- Trio of Rust Core Team members hit the road — This week has kicked off with three of Core Team taking their leave.
- Mod team resigns back in Nov 2021
- Redis 7.0 Is Near With “Significant Performance Optimizations” — Redis 7.0-rc1 comes with performance optimizations and more but as well a number of changes that break backwards compatibility support for this popular open-source project.
- Release 7.0-rc1 · GitHub
- MariaDB Corporation Ab to Become a Publicly Traded Company — In the transaction, Angel Pond will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Mangomill plc, an Irish public limited company (which will be renamed MariaDB plc), through a domestication merger with a wholly owned subsidiary of MariaDB plc. Immediately following such domestication merger, the current MariaDB will merge with and into MariaDB plc. Angel Pond will then be liquidated.
- MariaDB announces intent to go public
- Linux 5.16.5 Released To Fix Up Btrfs’ Botched Up Defragging — Btrfs up to now on Linux 5.16 was consuming high amounts of I/O and causing performance degradation of the
- Btrfs Extent Tree v2 Work Progressing For Improving The File-System’s On-Disk Format
angel pond holdings, autodefrag, btrfs, cfs service, completely fair scheduler, defragmentation, docker desktop for linux, florian gilcher, framework, linux 5.16.5, linux action news, linux news podcast, low latency scheduling, mariadb, multiple global roots, pietro albini, pop-shell, rancher desktop, raspberry pi os 64bit, redis, rust, series a, spac, spark capital, steve klabnik, system76-scheduler