LUP 506: Three Wild and Crazy Topics¶
- Air Date: 2023-04-16
- Duration: 76 mins 14 secs
About this episode¶
We surprise each other with three secret topics, with one big catch.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- Fleek — Install and manage all the tools you need to be productive. Use a simple command line tool or edit one YAML file and you're off to the races.
- ublue-os/fleek: Own your $HOME
- Fleek First Steps — You have two choices with Fleek. You can use Fleek with a simple CLI tool and YAML file to manage your installed packages, aliases and path, or you can use Fleek as a one-time generator to create a lightly-opinionated Nix Home Manager flake for you.
- nix-community/home-manager — Manage a user environment using Nix.
- Home Manager - NixOS Wiki
- DeterminateSystems/nix-installer — nix-installer is an opinionated alternative to the official Nix install scripts.
- Sharing Fleek Configurations — You can use Fleek to share your configurations across multiple computers. This is useful if you use multiple computers and want to keep your configurations in sync.
- Containers and Kubernetes Explained | Linode, now Akamai
- Olympia Linux Spring Meetup — Let's have a local PNW get-together. Saturday, April 29, 2023.
- Boston Harbor Marina
- LinuxFest Northwest 2023: Call for Speakers
- Start your NOSTR-Market with LNbits
- Nostr, a Basic tour
- Nostr Apps
- Bitwarden on Twitter — Is your Bitwarden vault jam-packed with entries? Here are a few tips for organizing your vault to better suit your everyday needs.
- linuxserver.io — Building and maintaining community images
- Raspberry Pi SD card image for NixOS on BTRFS root
- Pick: difftastic — A structural diff that understands syntax.
- difftastic is packaged in Nix
- Podcasting 2.0 Apps
- LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org
ai, apple music, autogpt, awesome-nostr, boston harbor, btrfs, bus problem, censorship, cloud services, decentralization, determinate systems, diff, difftastic, digital estate planning, dotfiles, feedback, fleek, getfleek.dev, git, google keep, home-manager, jupiter broadcasting, lightning, linux podcast, linux unplugged, linuxserver.io, logseq, nextcloud, nix, nix-installer, nixos, nixpkgs, nostr, obsidian, olympia meetup, raspberry pi, relay, rust, self-hosting, silk road, simplex, social media, tuxedo computers, yaml