CR 379: Neckbeards Get Shaved¶
- Air Date: 2020-09-16
- Duration: 56 mins 13 secs
About this episode¶
Is it a Post-Open Source world now that the mega-clouds are here? We share our thoughts on this renewed idea.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- A Cloud Guru: A Cloud Guru now includes Cloud Playground. Azure, AWS, or GCP Sandboxes at your fingertips.
- C++ Developer Feedback
- Steve T on Twitter — I do have a question about the latest episode; there was a lot of talk about code being safe.
- What is memory safety? — For the purposes of this post, we are generally considering whether a program execution is memory safe or not. From this notion, we deem a program to be memory safe if it all of its possible executions are memory safe, and a language to be memory safe if all possible programs in the language are memory safe.
- Software Engineer- Networking / Privacy- - Jobs at Apple (DE) — Do you have a passion for developing secure, high-performance systems-level software? We develop and deploy software which forms the foundation for some of Apple's most important services, including iCloud, Maps, iTunes, and more. Our software ensures that Apple's services are reliable, scalable, fast, and secure. In this role you will have a unique opportunity to participate in delivering some of the world's largest-scale cloud services.
- Rust 1.46.0 Released
- Apple hiring Rust engineers for storage and networking groups
- Microsoft Senior rust engineer Jobs
- Epic says ‘Sign In with Apple’ will keep working for Fortnite after all — Yesterday, Epic said Apple was removing the ability to use ‘Sign In with Apple’ for Epic accounts
- Apple Disabling 'Sign in with Apple' for Epic Games on September 11
- Blazing 7 | Coder Radio 67 - Mike was Right — iOS 7 is landing and Mike and Chris discuss what’s in store for developers, and the real reason to put a 64bit CPU in a cell phone.
- Nvidia’s $40 billion Arm acquisition is about bringing AI down from the cloud — Nvidia’s $40 billion acquisition of Arm is a hugely significant deal for the tech world, with implications that will take years to unravel spanning many areas of the sector.
- Your Language Sucks, It Doesn’t Matter — The central thesis is that the actual programming language (syntax, semantics, paradigm) doesn’t really matter. What matters is characteristics of the runtime — roughly, what does memory of the running process look like?
- Post-Open Source — Imo, open source as a community endeavor is falling apart right before our eyes, and being replaced by open source as Big Corp entrenchment strategy. I mean it’s been happening for a while, but seeing Mozilla sinking like this is just driving the point home for me. FOSS is dead
- Microsoft's underwater data center resurfaces after two years — Their first conclusion is that the cylinder packed with servers had a lower failure rate than a conventional data centre.
apple hiring rust engineers, c++, coder radio, cross-platform application development, development podcast, hardest programming language to learn, jupiter broadcasting, memory safety, microsoft’s underwater data center, post-open source, rust, swift