JE 040: Jason Spisak Part 1¶
- Air Date: 2019-12-17
- Duration: 50 mins 22 secs
About this episode¶
Brent sits down with Jason Spisak, professional voice actor, actor, producer, and co-founder of multiple Linux-related projects including Lycoris, Symphony OS, and Symple PC. In Part 1 we chat about everything from Jason's deep motivations behind his Linux projects, to patents vs. open source, digital independence and the nature of human endeavor. A few additional voices join us throughout for good measure...
- Jason Spisak - IMDb
- Lycoris (formerly Redmond Linux) - Wikipedia
- Lindows/Linspire - Wikipedia
- Symphony OS & Mezzo Desktop - Wikipedia
- Symphony OS - ArchiveOS
- Home Assistant - Open source home automation
- WireGuard: fast, modern, secure VPN tunnel
- Linux Unplugged 331: apt install arch-linux — Brent's first WireGuard project
- Linux Unplugged - Episodes tagged "WireGuard"
- Self-Hosted 7: Why We Love Home Assistant
- Elementary OS
- System76 - Linux Laptops, Desktops, and Servers
- MrChromebox — Custom coreboot firmware and firmware utilities for your Chromebook/Chromebox
- World's 26 richest people own as much as poorest 50%, says Oxfam - The Guardian
- The Unbelievers - IMDb — Renowned scientists Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss cross the globe as they speak publicly about the importance of science and reason in the modern world.
- Jason Spisak
- Brent Gervais - @brentgervais on Twitter
actor, brunch with brent, chromebook, chromeos, community, elementary os, extras, galliumos, home assistant, interview podcast, jason spisak, jupiter broadcasting, lindows, linux, lycoris, mezzo, mrchromebox, open source, patent, pine64, redmond linux, symphony os, symple pc, system76, voice actor, voice-over, wireguard