LAN 284: Linux Action News 284¶
- Air Date: 2023-03-16
- Duration: 16 mins 57 secs
About this episode¶
Docker's open-source crackdown, the Wayland regression solved this week, and why ipmitool's repo has been locked.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Kolide: Kolide can help you nail third-party audits and internal compliance goals with endpoint security for your entire fleet.
- Kali 2023.1 — Today we are releasing Kali 2023.1 (and on our 10th anniversary)!
- Get Kali | Kali Linux Download
- Kali Linux Introduces “Kali Purple” for Defensive Security Hardening
- Qubes OS 4.1.2 — We’re pleased to announce the stable release of Qubes 4.1.2!
- Wayland Crash Survivor — A change merged to Qt this week can allow for Wayland clients to survive compositor restarts, such as when the compositor crashes.
- OpenMoon Ray Code Goes Live — MoonRay is DreamWorks’ open-source, award-winning, state-of-the-art production MCRT renderer.
- ipmitool Repository Archived — Those navigating to ipmitool/ipmitool on GitHub as the official repository for this project will find that it's now in a "public archive" state.
- Docker is deleting Open Source organisations - what you need to know
- Justin Cormack on Twitter — when we remove accounts we do not free up the namespace so squatting is not possible.
- Some nuance for paid users
- GHCR was having some issues this morning it seems
- Red Hat’s Quay is maybe another option, they might offer free plans? public repos are free anyway
- José Valimon Twitter
- Deploy a registry server — This page contains information about hosting your own registry using the open source Docker Registry.
blue team, commercialization, compositing, compositor restarts, container images, container registry, david edmundson, defensive security, docker, docker free team organizations, docker hub, docker-sponsored open source, dreamworks, elixir, fedora 37, github, github container registry, graphics, gtk, ipmi, ipmitool, justin cormack, kali, kali purple, kde, leftpad, linux action news, linux news podcast, localstack, moonray, name squatting, oci, openfaas, openmoonray, pentesting, purple team, qt, qt 6, qubes os, quobes os 4.1.2, ray tracing, red team, rendering, sanctions, security, virtual machines, wayland