CR 377: An Epic Underdog¶
- Air Date: 2020-09-02
- Duration: 54 mins 35 secs
About this episode¶
GitHub just made a major behind-the-scenes upgrade, and we chew on some of the impressive details.
- A Cloud Guru: A Cloud Guru now includes Cloud Playground. Azure, AWS, or GCP Sandboxes at your fingertips.
- Upgrading GitHub to Ruby 2.7 - The GitHub Blog — Falling behind on Ruby upgrades has drastic negative effects on the stability of your codebase. Upgrading Ruby supports your application health, improves performance, fixes language and framework bugs, and guides the future of the language!
- Ruby Creator Yukihiro Matsumoto on the Challenges of Updating a Programming Language — A recent presentation from Yukihiro Matsumoto, the creator and chief designer of the Ruby programming language — and Chief Architect of Ruby at the cloud platform-as-a-service company Heroku — offered a clear example of the thoughtful care with which Matsumoto leads his Ruby community.
- Michael Dominick on Twitter — #iOSDev what do you feel about the #AppStore rules? Is the problem the 30% or the restrictions on what you can build? I’m thinking especially of #iPad here. Sound off on this tweet thread.
- Hope you didn’t delete Fortnite or Infinity Blade because Apple just terminated Epic’s dev account — You can’t re-download Epic games anymore
- Apple apologizes to WordPress, won’t force the free app to add purchases after all — “We [...] apologize for any confusion that we have caused”
- Apple Confirms New App Store Policies on Bug Fix Updates and Challenging Guidelines Are Live — For apps that are already on the App Store, bug fixes will no longer be delayed over guideline violations except for those related to legal issues. You'll instead be able to address guideline violations in your next submission. And now, in addition to appealing decisions about whether an app violates guidelines, you can suggest changes to the guidelines. We also encourage you to submit your App Store and Apple development platform suggestions so we can continue to improve experiences for the developer community.
30% cut, apple, appstore, coder radio, development podcast, device ownership, epic, fortnite, github, github behind the scenes, ios, jupiter broadcasting, large project upgrades, linux desktop, objective-rust, ruby 2.7, running a small business, small business stories, wordpress