LUP 286: Ell is for Linux¶
- Air Date: 2019-01-29
- Duration: 68 mins 40 secs
About this episode¶
We're playing Robin Hood with the content, and a new member of our team joins to tell you all about it.
- Choose Linux Episode 1: elementary OS and OpenMediaVault — The show that captures the excitement of discovering Linux.
- Firefox 65.0 — Simplified content blocking settings give users standard, strict, and custom options to control online trackers.
- What are the phone specs? – Purism
- Purism's PureOS Store To Be Based Around Flatpaks — The very first application to the PureOS Store is Lollypop.
- Kodi 18.0 — The Kodi team is very pleased to announce the immediate availability of Kodi 18.0 "Leia" for all supported platforms.
- Canonical Outs Major Linux Kernel Update for Ubuntu 18.04 — These vulnerabilities could allow attackers to either execute arbitrary code or crash the system via a denial of service attack by utilizing a maliciously crafted EXT4 image that could be mounted on the vulnerable machine.
- Ubuntu Users Can Now Keep PPAs And Third Party Repositories Enabled When Upgrading To A Newer Ubuntu Version — Another recent change makes sure third party repositories support the release to which the user is trying to upgrade.
- SCALE 17x — Pasadena Convention Center March 7 - 10, 2019
- Privacy Could Be The Next Big Thing — Upcoming talk by Stuart Langridge at SCALE 17x
- Bad Voltage Live | SCALE 17x
- Ell on Twitter
- Linux Academy Study Group Survey — What course should our next study group cover?
- What’s Free At Linux Academy February 2019
- Shortwave: Internet radio in Rust
- Shortwave Hello World | Felix Häcker — I wanted to rewrite Gradio entirely from scratch using Rust and thought it’s better to start a completely new project.
- fx_cast: chromecast for firefox — Enables Chromecast support for casting web apps (like Netflix or BBC iPlayer), HTML5 video and screen/tab sharing.
- Cool-Retro-Term 1.1.1 is out! — Big performance improvements (and lowered resource consumption), new shiny (literally) frame, system fonts support, and more!
18.04, 19.04, canonical, chromecast, containers, cool-retro-term, debian, disco dingo, docker, ell, firefox, firefox 65, flatpak, fractional scaling, free content, fx_cast, gradio, jupiter broadcasting, kernel patch, kodi, kodi 18, lfnw, librem 5, linux podcast, lts, mate, mozilla, open source home theater, ppa, pureos, purism, scale, scale 17x, shortwave, study group, ubuntu, unplugged, wayland, x11, yaml