LUP 515: Ham Sandwich¶
- Air Date: 2023-06-18
- Duration: 73 mins 23 secs
About this episode¶
Is Ham Radio a natural hobby for Linux users? An old friend joins us to explain where the two overlap.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- Ask Noah Show Episode 200: Ham Radio Linux Superstation — We celebrate episode 200 by sharing our plans to serve the community better! Ham Radio has come a long way from tubes and dials. Alex Archer KC0REL joins us to discuss building the ideal ham shack on Linux!
- HAM - Official Documentary (2022) - YouTube — HAM is a short documentary that follows a group of Montanan amateur radio enthusiasts that show the loyal community of amateur radio, explore what it means to be a ham, and how they are trying to keep the hobby alive.
- FT8—What Is It and How Can I Get Started? — FT8 is one of the many digital modes often referred to as sound card modes (SCM) because they utilize a computer’s sound card to bring in audio from your radio to be processed by software to decode the information embedded in the signal.
- Amateur Radio Software For Linux | KC7NYR
- Closed Source Ham Radio Software on GNU/Linux
- awesome-hamradio — Awesome hamradio repositories.
- Ham Radio Operators Tune In to Giant Waves in the Earth’s Ionosphere | Science Mission Directorate — This new technique vividly demonstrates the effect of these waves on radio communications.
hamnix — A collection of Amateur Radio software packaged for Nix
- Remote Ham Radio — On the air from anywhere. Big stacks. Kilowatts of power. DX has never been closer.
- ARRL - American Radio Relay League
- Studying for a Technician License
- Linux’s Slice of HAM | Linux Action Show 356
- Zeroretries substack — If you’re not yet licensed as an Amateur Radio Operator, and would like to join the fun by literally having a license to experiment with radio technology, here are some pointers:
- Chromeo: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert - YouTube
- Sam and Dave - Hold on I’m coming - YouTube
- The Clash - The Magnificent Seven (Official Audio) - YouTube
- Pink Floyd - We Don’t Need No Education - YouTube
- bluetuith — A TUI bluetooth manager for Linux.
- NixOS Search - bluetuith
- Framework Cooler Master Mainboard Case — Cooler Master and Framework team up to produce a transparent case for the Framework Laptop 13 Mainboard.
- TrustedQSL — This is the TrustedQSL project, which provides tools for digitally signing Amateur Radio QSO records.
adobe cc on linux, amateur radio software for linux, arrl, ask noah show, atmospheric research, awesome ham radio repositories, bluetuith, boost implications, chromeo, closed source ham radio software, cooler master, davinci resolve, framework, ft8, ham official documentary, ham radio linux superstation, ham radio operators, hamming it up, hamnix, jupiter broadcasting, kdenlive, lightworks, linux and ham community, linux podcast, linux unplugged, pink floyd, portable ham radio, pre-built distros, remote ham radio, sam and dave, taxes, technician license, the clash, tui bluetooth manager