LUP 382: A New Endeavour¶
- Air Date: 2020-12-01
- Duration: 67 mins 9 secs
About this episode¶
A problem that just kept getting worse and worse. What it was, and why it led us to "check in" on EndeavourOS.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- A Cloud Guru: Hundreds of courses, thousands of hands-on labs.
- Cast Your Nominations for the 2020 Tuxies — Nominate your favorite projects (the term used loosely here) and devices for the 2020 Tuxies.
- ZaReason is Done. The Store is Closed. — As many have noticed, our product line has been getting smaller and our tech support has been slowing down to a crawl. Unfortunately, the pandemic has been the final KO blow. It has hit our little town hard and we have not been able to recover from it. As of Tuesday, 11/24/20 17:00 EST ZaReason is no longer in business.
- Hector Martin on Twitter — Help make Linux on Apple Silicon Macs a reality! Patreon is up! I’m pausing billing until I get $4k/mo of commitment, so you won’t be charged until there is enough momentum to make the project viable.
- marcan is creating Linux for Apple Silicon Macs | Patreon
- OpenZFS 2.0 Released With Unified FreeBSD/Linux Support, Many New Features — OpenZFS 2.0 has been officially released! OpenZFS 2.0 marks a major step forward for open-source ZFS file-system support for what started out as ZFSOnLinux but is now OpenZFS with unified FreeBSD and Linux support.
- GNOME 40 Mutter Moves Input Work To A Separate Thread — An exciting addition for GNOME 40 is that the Mutter compositor will be punting the input work off to a separate CPU thread.
- GNOME Circle Officially Announced For Letting More Apps/Libraries “Join GNOME” — GNOME Circle is effectively lowering the barrier for allowing new applications and libraries to become part of the GNOME project.
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- EndeavourOS — A terminal-centric distro with a dynamic and friendly community in its core.
- Feedback: Linode Linux Surprise
- Feedback: Black Friday?
- Feedback: What RF Ear Buds Does Chris Use?
- Amazon.com: Corsair Void RGB Elite Wireless Premium Gaming Headset with 7.1 Surround Sound
- Feedback: Pro1 X Smartphone
- Pro1 X Smartphone Functionality, Choice & Control | Indiegogo — A keyboard smartphone purposely designed for functionality, running Android, Lineage or Ubuntu.
- Pick: Haruna Video Player — A Qt/QML video player built on top of libmpv.
- Pick: gallery-dl — gallery-dl is a command-line program to download image-galleries and -collections from several image hosting sites. It is a cross-platform tool with many configuration options and powerful filenaming capabilities.
antergos, apple silicon, arch, calamares, corsair, endeavouros, gallery-dl, gnome 40, gnome circle, haruna, hector martin, jupiter broadcasting, l2arc, linux laptops, linux podcast, m1, mpv, mutter, openzfs, pro1 x smartphone, reflector, rf headphones, terminal-centric distro, tuxies, unplugged, xda, xfce, zareason, zfs, zstandard