CR 378: Rust, Safe for Marketing¶
- Air Date: 2020-09-09
- Duration: 56 mins 47 secs
About this episode¶
A special friend of the show joins us to discuss C++ in 2020 and the growing adoption of Rust.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- A Cloud Guru: A Cloud Guru now includes Cloud Playground. Azure, AWS, or GCP Sandboxes at your fingertips.
- Linux Action News is BACK: Linux Action News 153 — The first Thinkpads loaded with Fedora go live, but there is a lot more to the story. Plus, the new PinePhone options coming soon, our thoughts on recent Mozilla news, lessons from the GNOME Patent Troll, and AWS Bottlerocket.
- Read Epic’s new, full argument why a court should force Apple to reinstate Fortnite — Epic is formally asking for a preliminary injunction
- Miguel de Icaza on Twitter — I bet Fortnite could work in Safari without going through the AppStore. Like Confucius famously said in 500 BC: “When there is a billion dollar budget there is a way to compile the code to WebAssembly”
- Apple Shares Details on Privacy 'Nutrition Labels' Coming to App Store — As part of iOS 14, Apple is introducing a new App Store feature that will provide privacy details for each app that you're downloading, which the company has said can be likened to a "nutrition label" for apps.
- C++20 Is Feature Complete; Here’s What Changes Are Coming — If you have an opinion about C++, chances are you either love it for its extensiveness and versatility, or you hate it for its bloated complexity and would rather stick to alternative languages on both sides of the spectrum. Either way, here’s your chance to form a new opinion about the language.
- Microsoft: Rust Is the Industry’s ‘Best Chance’ at Safe Systems Programming — C++, at its core, is not a safe language,” said Ryan Levick, Microsoft cloud developer advocate, during the AllThingsOpen virtual conference last month
- How Microsoft Is Adopting Rust. — Microsoft determined that 70% of security patches pushed to computers are to fix memory-related bugs.
- Announcing the General Availability of Bottlerocket
- FastAPI — FastAPI framework, high performance, easy to learn, fast to code, ready for production
- Use FastAPI to build web services in Python — FastAPI is a modern Python web framework that leverage the latest Python improvement in asyncio. In this article you will see how to set up a container based development environment and implement a small web service with FastAPI.
- Python Developer Job in Plant City, FL at The Mad Botter